Workmaster 35 HST Return to Neutral Problem

/ Workmaster 35 HST Return to Neutral Problem #1  

billybonds

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland Workmaster 35
Came home from a 10 day vacation to find our 2015 Workmaster 35 HST is having a problem returning to neutral. The pedals are very slow return(way worse with the forward pedal), and when they do get close, the tractor still creeps one way or the other. I thought something might be sticking so I sprayed some WD on all the joints but it seems to have made it worse. I dont trust my workers to use it until I get this sorted. It looks like there is a spring and some sort of shock/strut/piston looking thing involved? But when I look up the parts diagram, I dont actually see either of these parts???

/ Workmaster 35 HST Return to Neutral Problem #2  
I don't know New Holland at all. Kubota has some grease zerks underneath for the HST pedal as well as the clutch. You could start by being sure these are lubed. While you're under there look for anything which may have been picked up and binding the operation. Your problem could really be that simple.

/ Workmaster 35 HST Return to Neutral Problem
I found my problem, a ball bearing on the neutral arm that rides inside the v-notched bracket(dont know what this is called) and was no longer making contact to force the pedal to to neutral. Of course my local dealer doesnt stock it. Spent $30 in diesel driving around looking for a match to this $6 bearing. I guess I will have to call Messicks tomorrow and pay for an overnight so I can get this tractor back to work.

Anyone know of any cross reference guides to New Holland parts? I never seem to find anything.