Workmaster 55 dying

/ Workmaster 55 dying #1  

Ethanah

Tractor
New Holland Workmaster 55
Have a 2012 Workmaster 55 that dies when I bump the high/low or get off the tractor and then won’t restart. I have replaced the seat switch and the High/Low safety switch. It has done this over the last year and normally can get restarted. Looking for any other ideas. Thanks

/ Workmaster 55 dying #3  
Bypassing the seat switch will only work if that switch is the problem. There is simple way around the issue, if you're willing to go around the operator aggravation module entirely. You can bypass its control over the injection pump without disturbing whatever else it does.

/ Workmaster 55 dying #4  
If you are in the seat & are using the Hi / Lo switch for the Hydro trans & the tractor shutdowns... I'm thinking the seat switch is working correctly, but you can easily bypass it to test. This does sound like a safety interlock / switch issue.

When you say it won't restart... can you clarify on whether the tractor cranks / turns over & does not start??? Or does it not even turn over??? I think those are two very different issues.

I don't know the Workmaster series as well as other NH models, but really need to know if the tractor is even turning over when this happens...

/ Workmaster 55 dying #5  
If you are in the seat & are using the Hi / Lo switch for the Hydro trans & the tractor shutdowns... I'm thinking the seat switch is working correctly, but you can easily bypass it to test. This does sound like a safety interlock / switch issue.

When you say it won't restart... can you clarify on whether the tractor cranks / turns over & does not start??? Or does it not even turn over??? I think those are two very different issues.

I don't know the Workmaster series as well as other NH models, but really need to know if the tractor is even turning over when this happens...
I was told by a New Holland dealers mechanic that all NH tractors under 70 hp sensors are no good. I’ve had all sensors changed twice and both electrical wiring harnesses replaced at a cost to me of over $4,000. Other work done is also over $5,000 and it still won’t run. It has 700 hrs.

/ Workmaster 55 dying #6  
If you have a Workmaster 60, it's a whole different system than the Workmaster 55. I can understand your frustration with it. All of the newer (2015 and up) Workmasters are a POS from bumper to drawbar.