World Wealth

/ World Wealth #22  
I just read that the combined wealth of the world's 85 richest people equals the combined wealth of the entire bottom half of the world - or 3.5 BILLION people.

85 people have as much wealth as 3.5 BILLION people.

Interesting statistic.

Not commenting on anything other than the statistic which, at least to me, was new.

MoKelly
What does a statistic like that even mean? What is the point? I am willing to bet that in each one of those 85 bottom countries there is a multimillionaire who doesn't give a hoot about his fellow citizens except to think of ways to take even more of their money for his bank accounts.

If Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Elan Musk et al had made their billions by stealing from, cheating, or enslaving those 3.5 billion people then the article might have a point, otherwise it is just meaningless statistic.

/ World Wealth #25  
I also read where Bill Gates is the largest private land owner in the country, he is owns more farm land than anybody else in the country too. It may not by name only but his companies, trusts and other corporations continually by farm land all over the nation. Example, a local family I know decided to stop farming and sold, 15 sections in all, it was bought by a trust which Bill Gages owns. And that trust now leases the land out.
With 242,000 acres of he's the biggest private landowner of farmland, but doesn't make the top ten landowners in the country.

Tops on this list is John Malone, with well over 2 million acres.

/ World Wealth #27  
With 242,000 acres of he's the biggest private landowner of farmland, but doesn't make the top ten landowners in the country.

Tops on this list is John Malone, with well over 2 million acres.
It’s shocking that people can accomplish such vast land ownership levels.

/ World Wealth #28  
I've read Bill Gates has more wealth than the 150 million poorest Americans combined -- and I'd bet the 150 million poorest Americans have more than the 3.5 billion poorest in the world.

One in five Americans has negative net worth and an awful lot don't have much more.
Can you imagine when SHTF, what it would be like to have to 150 million people trying to get what you have?
David from jax

/ World Wealth #29  
Can you imagine when SHTF, what it would be like to have to 150 million people trying to get what you have?
David from jax
He'll have enough money to pay an army to protect him.