Worn out brakes Gc2400 help with some advise please

/ Worn out brakes Gc2400 help with some advise please #1  

boatboat

Tractor
Massey Ferguson gc2400
Hey
Have a Massey gc2400 and the brakes are locking up. Done only 717 hrs , I am doing a fluid change shortly thinking it may help?
We do live in a hilly area tho and only use it on the weekends but can't see the brakes being worn out?
Thank you

/ Worn out brakes Gc2400 help with some advise please #2  
I don't know a lot about that model, and will state that up front. However, I can't help wondering if your problem is more pedal/linkage related than a brake issue at all. It looks to me there is only one pedal that operates both brakes? With an enclosed cross shaft connecting the single pedal on the left side to the brake on the right? If that's the case, I'd be looking closely at how freely is that inner shaft moving within the tube? You don't use it much, it's at least ten years old, there are grease fittings on the tube, and have they ever been greased?

I would put a pry bar under the pedal and try to raise it up. If it moves, it could well free up the brakes and you will know where the problem lies.

/ Worn out brakes Gc2400 help with some advise please #3  
Never had that happen on either of my Kubota's and one has over 6K farming hours on it. Per chance are you driving with the brake partially engaged or the pedal / linkage hanging up?

/ Worn out brakes Gc2400 help with some advise please #4  
Have you seen this on youtube?

willy

/ Worn out brakes Gc2400 help with some advise please
Hey thanks I'll look and grease the bar in-between the pedlers and try the pry bar as well .
Hopefully it's a easy fix?

Checked everything spot on, funny it has stopped locking up, just does in now in reverse braking hard?
What grade of hydraulic oil should I use I'm in Australia and it's pretty hot here.

I used it on Sunday spreading some Fertiliser and gave it a very quick clean afterwards. (Just washing off the Fert)
So maybe next week replace the filter and oil and run it for abit and see how it goes?