Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)?

/ Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)? #51  
that looks a neat machine, can you get a regular skid steer mounting for it?

/ Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)? #52  
I started out pulling, but now would much rather push.
The 6' finish mower is a good pusher:
View attachment 731425View attachment 731427View attachment 731429

If you have a cab it’s not a big deal but I found that pushing a bushhog makes a lot of dust. A tractor will beat the CTL in cost of use but I was pretty pleased with how well it worked.
IMG_1342.JPG
IMG_1341.JPG

/ Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)? #53  
Whew! Look at them rocks!

/ Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)? #54  
CTL's are nice to have but I can't get over the feeling of being in a death trap with only one exit and you have to walk under a suspended load to get out. At least the SVL's have a zero clearance door that opens in and up. If you are in a late model bobcat with electronic controls you are SOL if the machine dies and the boom is part way up.

I also don't like the poor visibility in CTL's. I prefer sitting up high with a panoramic view. Just can't see my bucket cutting edge.
It happened to me.
Was working a CAT 295 with a brush axe on front and pilot controls. Driving lengthwise on a hillside. I raised the mower to crunch down a grouping of brush and as the mower was coming down, the engine quit.
I thought for sure the small electric fuel pump took a dump. The loader arms & mower blocked the door.
Scary feeling since it was dusk and I was working alone (rest of my crew left for the day). It was about 25-30*. That’s not very cold, but I was working in the cab with a t shirt on and heat running. NO cell phone reception, either.
Didnt know what to do at first. Engine would not restart. Finally after a while, I began wiggling the pilot controls and with the key energized, if I wiggled the loader raise/lower pilot handle, the loader would come down maybe a 1/2” per wiggle.
Finally got it down and got out after about 20 minutes. You’d be surprised at how claustrophobic the cab gets when you have no way out.
I could have removed the glass emergency style, but that’s an expensive replacement, so I just worked the loader down nice and slow.
Next day we came back to make repairs. Replaced pump and still wouldn’t run. Turns out fuel gauge read way too high and on the hillside, it had simply run out of fuel.

/ Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)? #56  
Just sold my tractor yesterday and buying a smaller SS to see how that goes. I would love to have both but cant afford it.

If I dont like the SS I will sell it and buy another tractor.