WOW! Mahindra 6000 comes through again!

/ WOW! Mahindra 6000 comes through again! #1  

Slippy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5115M
I just purchased a 10' rotary cutter made by Internationl Machine Corp. When I picked it up and they loaded it on my trailer, they told me it weighed 2400lbs. I was also told it weighs 1980lbs. At any rate, I had to load it long ways on my trailer for obvious reasons. It had all the parts such as drive shaft, etc. wired to the deck. So it had all the weight. The problem was, how was I going to get it off the trailer once I got it back to my farm? My intial plan was to put my 6' cutter on the back of my tractor as a counter balance. But, when I got back, it was getting late and I was running out of time. So, I hooked two chains on the deck, one on each side, wrapped them around the bucket on the loader and hooked back onto the chain as it came up from the deck. I have two sets of wheel weights on each wheel, nothing on the 3pt. I was very carefull to lift very slowly. As I curled the bucket, the deck began to rise without hesitation. With a full curl, I needed still a little more clearance so I lifted with the whole loader. You could tell you had a load, but it lifted. The back of the tractor never even got tippy. My good friend then pulled the trailer from underneath and I let it down on the ground without any problem.
See my post under "attachments" for more details on how it cuts and to help answer a couple of questions I have about the set up, but I am very impressed with the cutter as well. It actually runs smoother than my 6'. Better cut and less vibration. Got to tell you though, if your going to pull this beast on hills, best get a 6500, or better yet, wait till Mahindra comes out with their 75hp tractor. It does fine on small grades, and will cut on the hills, but you got to get geared down in low, 2nd or 3rd. On the flat stuff, I was running in high 1st gear no problem.

/ WOW! Mahindra 6000 comes through again! #2  
You cuttin' in two or four wheel drive?? You can save a few ponies for the cutter if you cut in 2 wheel. I have fluid in my rears so I don't need the 4 wheel for cutting anything with my International 7 ft. I forgot whether you have filled rears or not? Anyhowsomever, the 10 ft sounds like a real HOG! Good luck with it! BobG in VA

/ WOW! Mahindra 6000 comes through again!
Pulling it in 2wd most of the time. In a few places, pulling 2000lbs I will use 4wd and go as slow as I have to. This cutter is a beast.