Backhoe WTB Cessna Rotary Cylinder parts

/ WTB Cessna Rotary Cylinder parts #1  

desertjoe

Tractor
1959 Allis Chalmers D14 Industrial
Hello everyone, first time here ( I think, ya'll know how old people forget things). I am rebuilding a 1959 Allis Chalmers D14 Industrial Backhoe/Loader and currently have the Cessna Rotary swing cylinder/Actuator tore apart for replacement of the seals, o-rings, and washers for the stationary and moving vanes. The PO had done some work on the cylinder and did not get the moving Vane timed as it should have been is main reason for the dis-assembly. Also the swing would drift. The vane seals and washers had some gouges on the contact surfaces, so will now need replacing. The model and SN of the hoe are Mark IV and SN is 1A-686-AC.
I have a copy of a manual for Massey Ferguson 52A and MF 54A,a and the parts drawing for the "Rotary Cylinder MF PN 729 -829-M91, Page 30, appear to be identical to mine but cannot vouch for sizes of O-rings and seals from pic. This book does NOT include PN's,,,,
I have done lots of searching on the web with little success, looking for Cessna parts and have been told several times that the Massey ferguson 50 series used the same Cessna rotary cylinder on their tractors. I did download a copy of a procedure a gentleman from the UK posted on this site in Feb, 2013, but did not get the guy's handle or contact info. In his article, he writes bout getting an overhaul kit from "PV Dobson" I looked on their web site and found a mention of their " Seal Kit For Rotary Actuator On A Massey Ferguson 50B" PN "A Terex 1810742M91" I have tried several times to Email them but have yet to receive a response from their sales dept. I'm not sure that is even the right kit although the rectangular seals in the picture appear to be similar to what I have. I have Googled their PN but no luck,,!!!
I'm hoping somebody on this site is familiar with the earlier MF's to lend me a hand to get the Rotary Cylinder lashed up and operational again. Any and all help will be most appreciated. THanks Joe r

/ WTB Cessna Rotary Cylinder parts
Well,,,I didn't get any takers on my search for seals for my Rotary Actuator,,,,,,,
Does a member named " UNIQMAN" still frequent this site,,,?? He posted a write up for repairs he did to his rotary actuator and I would very much like to talk with him,,,
You got a copy,,Uniqman,,???

/ WTB Cessna Rotary Cylinder parts #3  
I searched the agco parts book online, see if this helps? If you view the parts book, you MUST use Internet Explorer. All other browsers I've used will crash and freeze.
AGCO Parts Books click :view book" near guest user. on the next screen punch in 54A in the "search by model" box, and where it says "all brands" click Massey Ferguson.

And attached is a screen shot of information you may find helpful.

The part number you provided cross references to the Massey Ferguson 54A Backhoe. I couldn't find this information in the 50B books. The part number also was updated, instead of M91, they've updated to M93 but it is still the same unit/parts.

These pics do show sizes of o-rings and whatnot, so it should be of help to you.

Attachments

• mf backhoe1.png
    mf backhoe1.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 4,684
  • mfbackhoe2.png
    mfbackhoe2.png
    85 KB · Views: 1,516