x300 42 inch deck belt length?

/ x300 42 inch deck belt length? #1  

stackhsc

Tractor
x300
I have been looking online for a new belt. I see some spec a belt at 144.8 inches others a belt at 146.25. Why the difference and how do i tell what i need.

I just put a new one on a month ago that got torn up, my kid got into some branches. I checked the pullies etc and they all seem ok. the exiting belt i think is at 144.8 but i want to be sure its the right one

/ x300 42 inch deck belt length? #2  
Deere dealer close by?

Or go to JD parts and get the part # so you can order the right belt from Deere.

/ x300 42 inch deck belt length? #3  
I will only buy JD belts. If you buy an off brand and the dimensions are just a hair off they won’t last or even stay on.

/ x300 42 inch deck belt length? #4  
I have an X300 with 42 inch deck. The part # is M154621
1/2 X 146.2
( 13 X 3714.5 MM )

/ x300 42 inch deck belt length? #5  
It would be a good idea to take the tension off the arm and see how worn the arm is. This seems to be the biggest offender- especially if you are 350- 400 hours +. There is a guide upgrade available , 2 bulletins that I know of on these. Plus the newer belts seem thinner and deeper running than what they came with.

/ x300 42 inch deck belt length?
It would be a good idea to take the tension off the arm and see how worn the arm is. This seems to be the biggest offender- especially if you are 350- 400 hours +. There is a guide upgrade available , 2 bulletins that I know of on these. Plus the newer belts seem thinner and deeper running than what they came with.
funny you mention this, I grabbed an off brand belt bcause i was near it. it lasted about 3 minutes lol. It kept jumping off the lower pulley under that arm. but the arm does seem to have wear on it.
I cant find anything else wrong, the pulleys all seem decent and they spin freely but when the clutch is engaged the belt jumps fairly violently and in the aftermarket belt causes it to jump out of the pulley under the arm.

the arm seems to move freely but does have some play in it for sure.