X495 + 3-yo twins = dead battery + ?

/ X495 + 3-yo twins = dead battery + ? #1  

ArkCivEngr

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400DT, John Deere X495
I accidentally left the key in my X495 a few days ago, and one (or both) of my twins turned the key on during one of their climbing sessions and left it on. That was about 3 days ago. Of course the battery is dead, but I'm more worried about other things. Are the glow plugs damaged/destroyed? Did anything else burn up while the battery was powering them?

/ X495 + 3-yo twins = dead battery + ? #2  
The glow plugs are on a timer, so no damage should have been done since they only stay on for a matter of 10-20 seconds. There should not be anything damaged other than the depleted battery.

/ X495 + 3-yo twins = dead battery + ? #3  
Another good reason to always leave tractor in gear or pto engaged or some other saftey switch activated to prevent just turning the key to crank it up.

/ X495 + 3-yo twins = dead battery + ? #4  
I can feel your pain. We have 2 yr old boy/girl twins, and they are a real handful. I have an L110 riiding mower in addition to my new 4320. My son climbed onto the mower and turned the key on (my fault for leaving it there). I had 50 hrs on the unit before that incident. The battery ran down after aboput 30 hours because that is what my hour meter is now reading. I'll just have to remember my service intervals now as the hour meter is incorrect!