X585 with 47" Blower Pictures

/ X585 with 47" Blower Pictures
Re: X585 with 47\" Blower Pictures

The tiller works great!!! I was somewhat hesitent on purchasing the Woods GTC52 because my only other experience with a tractor driven tiller was a 33" tiller on a 16HP Bolens. The Bolens did OK, but the tiller was constantly pushing the tractor in hard soil conditions and the engine had "just enough" power.

I finally decided on the Woods GTC52 and the first time using it, I was immediately confident in my decision. The tractor has more than enough power for the wide tiller and has enough weight and traction that it doesn't get bossed around by the tiller like my Bolens did. The X585 is clearly in control with that thing. I seem to be able to drive around fine without front ballast if I have 4WD engaged. In 2WD, more ballast in clearly needed as steering isn't as easy - but I usually have the 45 Loader on anyhow, and that gives plenty of weight on the front end.

One other thing I was impressed with was how fine it chops up the soil. I've never owned any other tiller that prepped the soil as well as this one. I have my tiller setup so that it only digs down 2 to 3 inches on each pass and then I go over it a few times.

I'll post some pictures of the tiller one of these days.