XJ2015 stability on uneven yard

/ XJ2015 stability on uneven yard #1  

u00rte2

Tractor
2021 LS MT352HC
I recently purchased my first tractor, 2019 LS XJ2025H TLB. After it was delivered I was riding around the back yard to get a feel for it. A few parts of the yard have a steep slope and some are gradual. I rode the perimeter the same as I did with my JD 445 mower. When I was on a gradual slope I noticed I felt very uncomfortable with the stability and backed out of the area. On the steeper slopes I always started at the top and mowed downhill with the 445. I eventually would like to use this tractor for mowing the back yard but am concerned with stability. What are my options to do this safely without the fear of tipping it? The loader and backhoe was attached which is something that will not be attached while mowing. If these are removed, what will be the best option for mowing? I was planning to get a 72" rear mower but now I am not sure. Would the MMM be a better option? I do have a rear 3pt weight bucket if I use the MMM but I like the idea of the rear mower to get under trees and back into the brush line.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you,

Tim

/ XJ2015 stability on uneven yard #2  
Small front wheels and large rear wheels make traditional tractors unstable. However, that is how tractors gain the ability to PULL.

Spreading the rear wheels will improve stability. This may require aftermarket wheel spacers.

Filling the rear tires 50% to 75% with liquid will lower the tractor center-of-gravity. You can do this yourself. Visit U-Tube for instructions.

/ XJ2015 stability on uneven yard
I was planning to fill the tires but did't think about spacing the tires so I will have to look into it. How much spacing should I look for? Will the stability be better with the MMM or rear mower?

/ XJ2015 stability on uneven yard #4  
Spacers usually add 3" to each side, 6" total. Six inches makes a big difference.

About the same. Perhaps slightly worse with the Three Point Hitch mower, only because you will raise it higher.

Well regarded vender: Bro-Tek

If your tractor has two part R1/ag wheels they should be adjustable for spread at least a little.

R4/industrial wheels are usually one piece on economy tractors, so require wheel spacers.

De Luxe tractors have two part R4/industrial wheels.

/ XJ2015 stability on uneven yard #5  
Spacers usually add 3" to each side, 6" total. Six inches makes a big difference.

About the same. Perhaps slightly worse with the Three Point Hitch mower, only because you will raise it higher.

Well regarded vender: Bro-Tek

If your tractor has two part R1/ag wheels they should be adjustable for spread at least a little.

R4/industrial wheels are usually one piece on economy tractors, so require wheel spacers.

De Luxe tractors have two part R4/industrial wheels.

That tractor would have single piece wheels with the R4s so wheel spacers would be required to spread the wheelbase. The XJ2025 has a narrow tread width so any significant slope work will require loaded tires and spacers.

/ XJ2015 stability on uneven yard #6  
It is a learning curve for sure. I put 2" spacers on each side to help the feel. Keep your loader and weight low plus wear that seat belt I tell the misses. All we have is a rough cut mower. Would the weight of a belly mower be more in the right spot than swinging around the heavy rear mower? Could be. My dealer suggested a rear finish mower should we want it, but that the MMM is a drive over so it must be pretty stout. Would spacers affect the MMM is another good question.