XJ2025 => XR3140HC => MT352HC Backhoe with all.

/ XJ2025 => XR3140HC => MT352HC Backhoe with all. #1  

u00rte2

Tractor
2021 LS MT352HC
So... I started with a 2018 XJ2025 then added a cab. I really liked it until I had problems removing the 3pt in order to put the backhoe on. One of the times it was bent and back to the dealer it went to resolve. They gave me an XR3135 open station to use while mine was being fixed. Great sales technique as I bought a 2019 XR3140 a week later. The amount of work I was able to accomplish was amazing.

Fast forward to 2021...
My XR3140HC has broken the front axle due to bolts coming loose and has started leaking oil around the bell housing, again due to factory assembly. My dealer has been great but it was there for about 6 weeks. In the mean time he gave me two different loaners and no, I wasn't charged a rental fee.

The first loaner was a smaller John Deere and was OK but without the quick attach I was on borrowed time since I need the forks to load up the fuel tank. Four weeks in they gave me a larger Mahindra. I was impressed by what a slightly larger tractor could do. Needless to say I contacted my dealer and arranged for a trade to a 2021 MT352HC with backhoe.

I went through the initial money withdrawals (what did I just do?) but I am very pleased with the performance. I have some inclines and I "feel" much more stable with this new tractor than the previous ones.

In short I went from a 2019 XR3140HC (252 hrs) with backhoe trading up to a 2021 MT352HC with backhoe by adding $11,500.

Have any of you gone through the process of multiple tractors until you finally settle on something?

/ XJ2025 => XR3140HC => MT352HC Backhoe with all. #2  
The fundamental importance of TRACTOR WEIGHT eludes many tractor shoppers.

I have owned three tractors. The first a 1,900 pound subcompact "learner" without a Loader. The second a 2,200 pound tractor-loader package. I purchased tractor #2 seduced by the allure of increased horsepower and a loader. The third, my 3,700 pound Kubota L3560, is just right for my north Florida conditions. Had I early read a thread philosophizing on tractor weight it would have stimulated tractor weight research and I would have omitted purchase of tractor #2, which proved too light for my applications.

When considering a tractor purchase bare tractor weight first, tractor horsepower second, rear axle width third, rear wheel/tire ballast fourth.

You have not revealed your location but I speculate you operate on rolling or hilly land.

Last edited:
   / XJ2025 => XR3140HC => MT352HC Backhoe with all. #3  
Not recently. But I grew up on the farm, and we had every size tractor that is common. And we had turnover too. The local dealerships would "loan" us tractors or implements to test drive on the farm for a few weeks, which sometimes ended up in a sale.
More recently, I did the "research upgrades" while looking for my tractor. I started off with a small open station LS (this is all in researching, not actual ownership), then open platform ~40hp to the cab tractor I have now. And honestly, if my wife would give me the 'OK', I'd get the MT347 or bigger.

I'm sure you will love your new tractor! (y)

/ XJ2025 => XR3140HC => MT352HC Backhoe with all. #4  
I started out with my first tractor (John Deere 755) offered to me when I purchased a house and 5.5 acres then wanted to up the power and purchased a new John Deere 2720 but wanted more loader lift 10 years later and now have a John Deere 3046r.:)

/ XJ2025 => XR3140HC => MT352HC Backhoe with all.
I am in northwestern Wisconsin. I only have 3 acres and by those estimates my tractor is too big, however, I have been engaging in home construction projects. Last year I put in two 40 foot retaining walls 8 feet high (a whole lot of dirt moving). This year I put in a new blacktop driveway which with parking area is about 10,000 ft^2. Next year I plan to remove some very large trees. This biggest hurdle for me was the initial cost/justification for the land size I have. I do all my own work and the faster I can do it the more I can do. In the end, compared to the cost of hiring it out, I saved money and still have the tractor.

In the winter I clear a total of 15,000 ft^2 to push the snow to the end of the property then blow it into the woods. My house and shed is about 20 feet higher than the rest of the property so there are some elevation challenges. The final goal will be to make the changes gradual (and safer).

/ XJ2025 => XR3140HC => MT352HC Backhoe with all. #6  
I am in northwestern Wisconsin.

Last year I put in two 40 foot retaining walls 8 feet high (a whole lot of dirt moving).

Where at in NW WI?

I'm wondering what you are trying to retain with a 8ft tall retaining wall?

Last edited:
   / XJ2025 => XR3140HC => MT352HC Backhoe with all.
It is behind the house where the walkout is. It starts at 8ft and as it wraps around each direction it tapers to main floor grade. The house is old and doing this allowed me to change the slope away from the foundation. One side will be a patio and the other will be just grass. It eliminated water collection and drainage into the basement. Each wall has drainage rock and drain pipe leading away from the house. It was expensive but looks nice, is functional and also eliminated the erosion. The patio side also has surface drain collection to eliminate runoff into the side of the retaining wall.