XR4140H error code F31/S29 and warranty "lesson learned".

/ XR4140H error code F31/S29 and warranty "lesson learned". #1  

neverfailyou

Silver Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H. Ford 1720
2017 model at 510 hours started intermittently throwing these codes and would throttle down to limp mode at 1200 RPM. Finally today these codes came and stayed leaving my tractor in limp. Call to dealer identified throttle lever sensor malfunction. New throttle lever assembly (sensor not sold separately) at $200US approx fixed problem.

Sensors go bad... I know. What I thought was a 5year warranty tractor turned out to have a 5year powertrain warranty with only 2years on this engine control. And of course, I had purchased the tractor on May 17, 2017 so it was out of warranty. $200 lesson learned to read the fine print on warranty. And the new lever assembly had a different part number number with a different style sensor (New and improved... maybe; more reliable... I sure hope so.)

But fortunately, the dealer had an assembly in stock so I was back in business three hours later. This dealer has always given me good service so hes not the issue.

I hope LS USA monitors this forum.

/ XR4140H error code F31/S29 and warranty "lesson learned". #2  
2017 model at 510 hours started intermittently throwing these codes and would throttle down to limp mode at 1200 RPM. Finally today these codes came and stayed leaving my tractor in limp. Call to dealer identified throttle lever sensor malfunction. New throttle lever assembly (sensor not sold separately) at $200US approx fixed problem.

Sensors go bad... I know. What I thought was a 5year warranty tractor turned out to have a 5year powertrain warranty with only 2years on this engine control. And of course, I had purchased the tractor on May 17, 2017 so it was out of warranty. $200 lesson learned to read the fine print on warranty. And the new lever assembly had a different part number number with a different style sensor (New and improved... maybe; more reliable... I sure hope so.)

But fortunately, the dealer had an assembly in stock so I was back in business three hours later. This dealer has always given me good service so hes not the issue.

Same here, Mine was under re-call , there was also a wire harness that needed to be changed.
Ask about that.

/ XR4140H error code F31/S29 and warranty "lesson learned".
Checked with dealer about recall... none for my tractor. New throttle assembly was plug and play with no harness changes needed. The hardest part was disconnecting the sensor from the harness.

/ XR4140H error code F31/S29 and warranty "lesson learned". #4  

Where is the sensor located?

/ XR4140H error code F31/S29 and warranty "lesson learned".
Where is the sensor located?

As I recall, I changed out the throttle assembly completely. It took a couple of bolts and had a harness pigtail.