Yamaha Rhino with Cap

/ Yamaha Rhino with Cap #1  

Deaf

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford New Holland
Greetings,

My neighbor down at our camp just got a new rhino 700 EFI and had a full cap installed. Solids doors with glass all around, windshield tips up and out with a wiper system on it. Doors have sliding windows. Fan inside, headliner and lights. Took me for a long ride and I learned the thing is super loud inside even with the windows open and front windshield in the full open position. He was really disappointed and so was I. If your in the market for any Side x side with a cap make sure you test one 1st! The noise is so bad at just idle its hard to talk, on the gas just a little really increases the noise level. Strange thing is on the outside the machine does not sound bad at all.

Deaf

/ Yamaha Rhino with Cap #2  
the 660 had a noise problem but the 700 was supposed to be better...relocated the intake...hmm...

i guess if you enclose a cab around an engine, it's gonna be noisy.......shame though.....

the only time i'd have a cab would be in the winter....

good info, thanks

/ Yamaha Rhino with Cap #3  
the sound does kinda stay under the tops a good bit but i find it's not really that bad i just turn up the radio and it's gone. the biggest thing i see is the wind sound if i had a windshield it would be alot quieter but i rather ride with an open cab now in the winter a enclosed cab would be nice that big ole 686cc engine sitting between you is a good heater .