Yanmar buying question

/ Yanmar buying question #1  

Arkie

Tractor
2001 NH 33D
I'll admit that i know very little about Yanmars. A friend of mine has one and a new neighbor has one also. I'm told that you cannot buy them NEW here in the states.Is this true??? Where do the people that own them get them?My friend bought his from another individual. I've been told that JD won't allow them to be sold here. I suppose i should be asking this in the Yanmar forum. I'm curious,can someone educate me a little on Yanmars. Thanks in advance.

/ Yanmar buying question #2  
Hello,
Numerous dealers into the US import Yanmars as well as other Japanese tractors every year. These tractors are referred to as "Grey Market tractors". They were intended for sale in other countries other than the US but primarily Japan. In Japan small-scale rice farms most commonly use them. Generally, they are older tractors below 1,000 hours and in good mechanical condition with surface rust on the sheet metal and wheels. I have owned three Yanmar tractors and I feel that they are one of the best purchases that I have ever made. My Yanmar 2010D (24 HP 4 WD) is a very nice tractor, in excellent condition that I bought for a very reasonable price. It had been well maintained with only 500 hours on the clock.
Parts are currently available through a network of Yanmar dealers that can obtain parts from Yanmar USA and Japanese sources. Service is also available through several independent tractor dealerships in my area. Even the JD dealership nearby, stated that they would gladly repair my Yanmar if I provided the parts.
I hope that I have answered your questions. If you need any further explanations, feel free to ask or post at the Yanmar Group, we are here to help.
Thanks,
Cameron

/ Yanmar buying question #3  
[Moved to Yanmar Forum]