Tractor Sizing Yanmar CBL40

/ Yanmar CBL40 #11  
CBL 40 rear hub 2.jpg

The CBL 40 is an exceptional machine and in usage I don't consider the JD110 and the Kubota L39 to be in the same class. The Deere and the Kubota are compact farm tractors with a loader and hoe grafted on. The CBL 40 was designed from scratch to be optimized for both, so the loader mounts directly to the main chassis, not an add-on frame. it also has protected loader cylinders similar to a payloader. The backhoe is rather beefy but the tractor can carry the weight better because the rear axle is moved forward allowing the hoe to mount farther forward. The tractor has geared hubs similar to the original HUMVEE, but rotated 90 degrees forward to give more clearance in the forward direction instead of more clearance vertically as in the HUMVEE.

The hydraulics are also very smooth.

There is a lot of hidden elegance in the design.

I see from their website they are selling CBL40s for $37K. I wonder if that is true
since Yanmar factory folks told me that went out of production a couple of years ago.
Fantastic deal if you can get one that cheap. Maybe left-over new-old-stock?

/ Yanmar CBL40 #12  
You got that right kansaski, the machine is first and foremost a construction equipment machine and in that roll its great. I have a mahindra 7010 (72hp) and the yam mar far outperforms it in loader jobs, in fact I have taken the loader of the mahindra and only use the yantra for loader jobs. The hydrolics are far superior on the yantra and it is of far a better quality machine.. The yantra, used as a tractor has its limitations

/ Yanmar CBL40 #13  
I own a CBL 40 and wondering how Yanmar is going to support machine in the future?? Anyone know how they will handle this??

/ Yanmar CBL40 #14  
I own a CBL 40 and wondering how Yanmar is going to support machine in the future?? Anyone know how they will handle this??

I wouldn't worry too much about getting parts....****, nothing ever breaks. First one had 4400 hrs when I sold. This is my second one. Maybe 150 hours so far. Never a problem.
Might sell though...seriously thinking of retirement.

/ Yanmar CBL40 #15  
The Yanmar factory rep says that they will provide parts support for the CBL40 for 7 years
after they stop selling it, which has been about.....7 years.

That's from the rep at the World Ag Expo last week. They were showing their new larger
LX HST CUTs, like the LX4900 Turbo here.

Yanmar makes excellent tractors...too bad there is no plan for another industrial TLB, like
the CBL40.

Attachments

• LX4900_Turbo.jpg
    LX4900_Turbo.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 366