Yanmar Yss-60 spacer help

/ Yanmar Yss-60 spacer help #1  

geckocycles

Tractor
Kubota BX22
I am looking for info on a yanmar yss-60 snow blower. I made a new drive flange and am having trouble getting some spacers off. There are 3 that appear to be the same. One on either end of the shaft by the outer bearings and one between the pto shaft and bearing, which is the one I need to remove. It has a set screw and also a indent for a spanner as if it was threaded. I need to know if this bushing is threaded or press fit before I put my puller on it. I tried to turn it by using a punch but no movement. RH thread?
I have been searching for hours to no avail

/ Yanmar Yss-60 spacer help
   / Yanmar Yss-60 spacer help #5  
He says he is looking for the manual is my understanding. I emailed Martin diesel, no word back.

I called Schulte's. Seems they are either out to lunch, snowed in or on holiday break out there.

It would be super to get a manual from them. They do post manuals up on their website under support. There are a dozen there. Just maybe one matches the YSS60. hmmm

They should have parts too.

/ Yanmar Yss-60 spacer help
THanks for the info. I have word out to them as well.
After looking at it closer I determined that the bushing is NOT threaded. Looking into the set screw hole...no threads. Not sure why there is a detent in the bushing. Anyway I put on a puller and off came the bearing and bushing. I made it sound easy didn't I? LOL

Both the drive flange and the PTO shaft connection are only using 5/16" bolts to hold them on the input shaft. THe 1/4" key is not on either so the bolt is used as the drive.
I am debating whether or not to cut the keyway in the drive flange I made. I have the flange in the shaper now but don't have a tool to cut the keyway. It was a lot of work to get the drive flange off, so I think it best to cut the keyway and get some keys for the drives and not rely on the 5/16" bolts to drive the blower. Looking for the correct tool online now. I may have to make a boring bar type holder myself but I don't have the ideal material without cutting up a boring bar that I need for the lathe.

Mostly the 1/4" bolt connecting the drive flanges together has been my "fuse" and I have broke a few of those. The 1/4" bolts on the auger were really bent and hard to get out. Put new ones in. Grade 3. Grade 5 on the impeller.

Last edited:
   / Yanmar Yss-60 spacer help #7  
Ah, glad to know it was a YS-60 instead. This should help anyone in the future looking for info. :)