Yanmar

/ Yanmar #1  

ScottieM

Tractor
B7500
I am in the market for a tractor comparable in size/power to a KB7500,JD4100orNH21d, I have read alot about Yanmar and their association with JD. Can some actuall owners of Yanmars clear this up for me? Also I live in MI and have the "big three" by me, and a Yanmar dealership about an hour south of me. I want a tractor, not a headache. Are all the horror stories I have read on the web true about getting qaulified maintenance and parts for this tractor true? Also if Yanmar is a good choice what model is comparable to the three I listed above, and what should I look for in a "good" and "bad" Yanmar. I have heard on some of these the PTO spins at speeds that donot work properly with USA implements and other things to that nature? Also on the tractors themselve is all the writing in Chinese or are they truely made for the US market and everything is in English? I will more than likely have several other questions, any help will be greatly appreciated.

/ Yanmar #2  
ScottieM,
I bought my first tractor, a Yanmar YMG1800D (18hp, 4wd) last fall. It was a choice between this one and a Himimoto. I have a dealer in town that carries both, plus many "main line" brands.
I have had to get normal parts (oil filters, caps, etc), but noting major yet. That being said, my dealer has had no problem getting parts. From the posts on the old Yanmar club, I never heard of anyone not being able to get a part they needed. With regards to maintenance, there are a number of people out there willing to answer just about any question you may have. Again, my dealer sells many Yannies per year, so is able to perform any maintenance task. I get the feeling that the dealers that participate in this forum are of the same caliber.
My PTO has three speeds, and I use it with a Howse brush mower. The speeds are what the mower is rated for. Again, as a new user, I can't speak for them all (hopefully you'll get more replies), but my experience has been nothing but good.
Depending on the model you are looking for, you may or may not be able to get an english model. (They are all in Japanese). Mine, for instance, is not available in english. Although, one of the dealers on the board was able to get me a manual for a similar model. It is close enough to meet all of my needs.
Hope this helps.
-Frank

/ Yanmar #3  
Most Yanmar parts are readiable available from a Yanmar dealer.There are some obsolete parts , but there are some for US models , too. All Yanmar pto's run the right way. A couple models of Kubota & Satoh (both US & Japanese models) had backwards ptos. Speeds are correct . I can supply you with parts & manuals. sheaftractor@coiinc.com