Yikes!! What would you do to save the tractor from getting smashed?!

/ Yikes!! What would you do to save the tractor from getting smashed?! #221  
Re: Yikes!! What would you do to save the tractor from getting smashed?! **UPDATE**

I won't get into the whole story, but I was prompted to get some scaffolding to work off of instead of a ladder. $140 or so from a few different places makes working a few feet off the ground a whole bunch less risky.

405930_400x400.jpg

I will have one of those this spring before finishing my garage... much better than crawling off a ladder into my tractor bucket.

/ Yikes!! What would you do to save the tractor from getting smashed?! #222  
^^ I also picked up a set of flat base plates instead of wheels to use on softer ground and a set of screw jack levelers for uneven ground. I plan on getting a set of side rail guard rails also, but that's another $130 that I need to budget for.

/ Yikes!! What would you do to save the tractor from getting smashed?!
Re: Yikes!! What would you do to save the tractor from getting smashed?! **UPDATE**

Diggin It:

When I was painting the eaves on my house in Idaho, I used 2 x 6 boards to form a platform across 2 saw horses (the good old heavy wood ones and still have them). It worked like a charm and was just the right height. I think it would work in this sitation, too! There's a concrete pad acros the entrance so they'd be stable.

Thanks for jogging my memory :thumbsup:

~~Judy

/ Yikes!! What would you do to save the tractor from getting smashed?! #224  
Structurally that is a terrible roof, destined to fail.

The cross member appears to be attached to the side of the remaining supporting pole. Presumably this is how the far side failed. Such a cross member should be on top of the pole. The rafters are simply nailed to this supporting member. Nails are carrying load in shear. Sheet metal joist hangers are cheap and would add significant strength.

/ Yikes!! What would you do to save the tractor from getting smashed?! #225  

Diggin It:

When I was painting the eaves on my house in Idaho, I used 2 x 6 boards to form a platform across 2 saw horses (the good old heavy wood ones and still have them). It worked like a charm and was just the right height. I think it would work in this sitation, too! There's a concrete pad acros the entrance so they'd be stable.

Thanks for jogging my memory :thumbsup:

~~Judy

Good deal Judy for getting it done! Don't count on that material to keep the animals out . . . :)