YM 2210 Yanmar Clutch Stuck

/ YM 2210 Yanmar Clutch Stuck #1  

wechambers

Tractor
MF 1205, Yanmar 2210
Hello all, Just bought a YM2210 Yanmar and I believe the clutch is stuck from sitting. You can push the pedal in and out and I don't believe the clutch is disengaging. The reason Im guessing this because the tractor has been sitting for about ten years and started every now and then and the neutral safety switch was stuck in the open position also. I cleaned and lubricated it and its working fine but the clutch is not. you can start it up and put it in gear and she'll move and go through all the gears. I believe its been that way for awhile because the brakes are week also, probably from trying to slow it down with no clutch.

Any suggestions as how to get it to break free.

Thanks

Bill

/ YM 2210 Yanmar Clutch Stuck #2  
You can search this forum (parts and repairs) using the words stuck clutch. This has been discussed a lot & you will get many instant answers.

/ YM 2210 Yanmar Clutch Stuck
Hey Thanks oliver28472. I read the posts and gave a few directions as to how to get it unstuck. I used the block the clutch and high revolutions and putting it in forward and reverse and she broke loose. Thanks for the help.

/ YM 2210 Yanmar Clutch Stuck #4  
If you can get it started, run it into a tree or similar object. Some have had good results pulling it around. bumping the starter will sometimes work too

/ YM 2210 Yanmar Clutch Stuck #5  
Nothing like brush hogging five acres to break the clutch loose. Then park it with the clutch depressed and held with vice grips.

/ YM 2210 Yanmar Clutch Stuck #6  
Most of these have a clutch hold-down lever on the side of the transmission because they are designed to run half-submerged in rice paddies, and a wet clutch is more likely to stick.

wechambers welcome, and come join us in the Yanmar forum!

(Marketing photo I copied off the Yanmar Corp - Japan website long ago).

497435d1486142145-2310d-starting-yanmarinternationalphoto2004-jpg