YM2310 transmission question

/ YM2310 transmission question #11  
Notice that my statement was an “I” statement.
That does not imply others may not find a use for it.
That you have found uses for creeper speeds is great, thanks for the info others may find helpful.

Coy, my posting wasn't totally directed at you, your post was the closest to string off of for a reply. I could of picked on Winston's post too. LOL ;)

I know there were other uses I had found with the creeper gear. One was when the tractor was on a sheet of ice, couldn't move any direction. It just spun the wheels. I learned that it was way worse the faster the wheels spun. I then had the inkling to drop it as low as it would go, creeper in 3rd high. Immediately, the tractor moved off that ice zone.

Another time was pulling out a huge tree stump. It was dug out, but it wouldn't totally come out. Put the tractor in creeper and my sons got under the stump to hack off the huge tap root. Creeper really brought that sump up so far to give them access. It was in like not going anywhere, but as the tap root was getting sawed/chopped, it gently snapped and pulling it out was EZ. My boys were even rocking the stump. So, for safety, creeper came in real handy.

/ YM2310 transmission question #12  
I wonder if gearing that low risks stripping the ring and pinion in the differential from extraordinary torque, when its used with good traction.

/ YM2310 transmission question #13  
I wonder if gearing that low risks stripping the ring and pinion in the differential from extraordinary torque, when its used with good traction.

No more so in my opinion that 1st range 1st gear. Movement in creeper 3rd gear (my tranny is a 3 speed with 4 ranges including creeper) so slow that I doubt you could strip the ring and pinion, but I guess anything is possible.
Again I have never found creeper useful over using 1st range and 1st gear that is already terribly slow. Mine has a pin that must be removed to go into creeper range and while it only takes a few minutes, it just provides so little to any task I have had that it isn’t worth the effort on my tractor. Different models may be different. In fact I rarely use 1st range and 1st gear.

/ YM2310 transmission question #14  
Creeper gear is good for pulling a manual trencher that is not self propelled. I also used it to move a 12' x 20' shed across the yard.

/ YM2310 transmission question #15  
Creeper gear is good for pulling a manual trencher that is not self propelled. I also used it to move a 12' x 20' shed across the yard.
I have to do a 10 x 20 shortly, how well did she pull on flat ground and did you empty the shed.

/ YM2310 transmission question #16  
I have to do a 10 x 20 shortly, how well did she pull on flat ground and did you empty the shed.
The shed was almost empty, as long as it was moving it wasn't bad. I ended up putting 4x4s under the skids. I have seen guys use schedule 40 x 4 inch pvc pipes under the skids.

/ YM2310 transmission question #17  
Or a series of pipes as rollers. Anything that reduces the fiction is your friend.

All the best,

Peter