YM3110D Value

/ YM3110D Value #1  

smcinroy

Tractor
Satoh 470D
Hello,

I found a 1980 Yanmar 3110D with a loader and 3 point. I'm trying to figure out what it is worth. Its being sold at a Tractor dealership as a Mechanics special. Apparently the dealership mechanic looked at it and found these problems:

minor radiator leak
headlights not working (Said this was a wiring issue)
minor leakage around a few seals on front axle (said it wasn't an active leak /just moist dirt collecting around seal)

I have not personally gone to see the tractor but have seen several pictures. Can see where the paint is a little compromised but really isn't faded, for a tractor of this age and can still read all stickers on the tractor and loader. Tires look good and sales person confirmed that the tires look to have been replaced within the last couple of years. Hour meter is 167 so the hour meter has probably been rolled once or twice. looks like tractor may have been stored inside and may not have had a lot of heavy use.

Sales person said he has taken it for a spin around the lot and everything is functioning.

Is there any such resource as a kelly blue book for tractors?

Asking price is $8,000. Seems reasonable especially if I can talk them down a little bit and do the repairs myself.

Any answers or thoughts out there would be great to hear.

Right now I'm just trying to figure out if I should take the 2 hour drive to get a more thorough look at this tractor

Thanks

/ YM3110D Value #2  
Hello,

I found a 1980 Yanmar 3110D with a loader and 3 point. I'm trying to figure out what it is worth. Its being sold at a Tractor dealership as a Mechanics special. Apparently the dealership mechanic looked at it and found these problems:

minor radiator leak
headlights not working (Said this was a wiring issue)
minor leakage around a few seals on front axle (said it wasn't an active leak /just moist dirt collecting around seal)

I have not personally gone to see the tractor but have seen several pictures. Can see where the paint is a little compromised but really isn't faded, for a tractor of this age and can still read all stickers on the tractor and loader. Tires look good and sales person confirmed that the tires look to have been replaced within the last couple of years. Hour meter is 167 so the hour meter has probably been rolled once or twice. looks like tractor may have been stored inside and may not have had a lot of heavy use.

Sales person said he has taken it for a spin around the lot and everything is functioning.

Asking price is $8,000. Seems reasonable especially if I can talk them down a little bit and do the repairs myself.

Any answers or thoughts out there would be great to hear.

Right now I'm just trying to figure out if I should take the 2 hour drive to get a more thorough look at this tractor

Thanks
There's a recent discussion on what is probably the same machine last week.

/ YM3110D Value
There's a recent discussion on what is probably the same machine last week.
Thanks for pointing this out!
The pictures posted on this thread are better than the ones I was going off of.
Between the pictures , thoughts and observations contained in the thread, I've decided I'll
keep looking.
Thank you,
Sam

/ YM3110D Value #4  
There isn't much for a Kelly BB for tractors. At one time A publication of sorts came out from Tractor Pete on used prices, however that list stopped around 2012-ish.

It's a bummer the YM3110D with loader is so messed up. If those issues were not there, then $8K would be fair for the size, Hp and durability. Like we all came to the conclusion was, somebody rolled that tractor over.

TractorHouse and a few others on the web have machines to look into. Bummer about your Satoh. Mitsubishi makes some good stuff too. Tractors pre-2000 should be safe enough not to have the emissions garb and computer woes.

/ YM3110D Value
There isn't much for a Kelly BB for tractors. At one time A publication of sorts came out from Tractor Pete on used prices, however that list stopped around 2012-ish.

It's a bummer the YM3110D with loader is so messed up. If those issues were not there, then $8K would be fair for the size, Hp and durability. Like we all came to the conclusion was, somebody rolled that tractor over.

TractorHouse and a few others on the web have machines to look into. Bummer about your Satoh. Mitsubishi makes some good stuff too. Tractors pre-2000 should be safe enough not to have the emissions garb and computer woes.
bmaverick,
Thanks for you response. I'm going to keep looking. The Satoh is still functional to a point but have to be pretty careful where I take it without 4wd. Still runs nice and the hydraulics work. Just used it to move several bags of chicken feed. I bought it about 16 years ago and it looked pretty rough. still looks pretty rough but this is the first major break down its had. I'll dig in to that front axle at some point but once I start, its going to be out of commission for a while and its not a good time of year to be with no tractor even if its only 2wd. Around my place there really isn't a good time to be without a tractor. Hopefully when I determine what broke, I can find a replacement for a price that makes sense.
Thanks again,
Sam