You guys have me worried

/ You guys have me worried #21  
I have an 8' rotary mower and I can mow an acre about every 10-15 minutes.

/ You guys have me worried #22  
I agree with Big Dave. Its not how fast you can mow with your tractor, its watching your neighbors drool as they drive by. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ You guys have me worried #23  
Jim;

Would you mind telling me what the model/item number of the seat that you got from Northern Tool was?

I've been wanting to do the same with my B7500 - replace the stock seat. The local farm supply store didn't have any seats that looked much better than what I have. I've been seriously thinking about just buying foam and "building up" the seat, even though I know that alone won't help too much.

I hate to say it, but I don't look forward to mowing as much anymore due to the beating I take (even going slow), and I know that it would corrected by a nice "floating" seat.

Thanks.

/ You guys have me worried #24  
Have you been reading the string(s) on tire inflation on a couple of these boards? It does make a huge difference, especially with R4 tires............................chim

/ You guys have me worried #25  
Chim;

I did - as a matter of fact, I did let some air out of the rears as a result of reading one of your posts. However, I don't have a pressure gauge (I just never think to buy one when I'm out), so I was reluctant to let too much air out. I was also concerned that the tire bead would pop off or I would otherwise damage the tire by airing it down too much.

I think that you had said that you let yours down to about 7 lbs. When you do that, is there a noticable bulge in the tires? In other words, if I air down the tires, can I just eyeball it to know if I have enough air left in? I have the R4's like you.

Thanks.

/ You guys have me worried #26  
I believe there is a difference between 7# in a ballasted tire vs. a tire with only air inside. I have around 15 gallons in each rear tire, and the tire shows virtually no bulge even when lifting the RFM...............chim

/ You guys have me worried #27  
It used to take me 3 hours on my JD420 60"mmm, 2.5 on a good day if the grass wasnt' too thick, to cut my 2.5 acre pasture. It didn't really cut the thick weeds and in some areas I would have to do 2 passes. I bought a JD670 with a 48 inch rotary cutter and it took me 1.5 hours and I went slow to make sure I cut all the thin weeds that are hard to cut for any implement. The second time I cut it, I zipped it in less than that... Cutting that was hard on the JD, I had a lot of things replaced on it from the wear and tear of cutting that thick heavy grass. I did have to use the 420 to dress the fence rows, but that only took a couple mins as the 670 had mulched the stuff that the 420 used to have to cut!!!!

And everyone is right, not as much fun on the 420 as it is on the 670!!!! The FEL does double duty. Talk about moving dirt.. nothing like it!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

/ You guys have me worried #28  
I got a new 3010 w/ 6' RFM this year and really cut my mowing time in half. I mow around 4 acres. What was taking 3 1/2 hrs now takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours! I'm not going fast, thats to hard on my back. But .... wifey loves driving the old simplicity with a 48" mmm. Both of us usually tackle the mowing and have it done in no time. Nice now that we both have one to ride! Leaves me more time for FEL and brush hogging chores. Works great for us.

Moon

/ You guys have me worried #29  
<font color=blue> one acre = 43,560 sq. ft </font color=blue>

I knew it was forty thousand and something, just couldn't remeber the what that something was. Anyway, rounding down works for the "back of the napkin" calculation.