zd21 deck problem.

/ zd21 deck problem. #1  

dangerdoc

Gold Member
I have a zd21 with a 60 inch deck. Last week I noticed that the engine lugged when I tried to raise the deck. By the time I finished mowing, it would not raise the deck unless the engine ran a full RPM with the blades disengaged. When I checked it the next day when the engine was cold, the deck went up and down normally but after warmed up it couldn't raise the deck again.

Fluid levels are normal. Visual inspection doesn't show anything obvious. Anybody had something similar?

/ zd21 deck problem. #2  
I believe you have checked the basics and by it working cold, ruled out any possible binding. Check out the link below ad see if it is of any help.

Kubota ZD 21 Hydraulic Lift doesn't work

You may have to visit the dealer if you don't have access to some fittings to plumb a gauge in line of the cylinder and see what the pressure difference is at the cylinder when cold versus when it is warm/hot. If you do, I'd put a 2500psi gauge on it, just to be on the high side.

/ zd21 deck problem.
I believe you have checked the basics and by it working cold, ruled out any possible binding. Check out the link below ad see if it is of any help.

Kubota ZD 21 Hydraulic Lift doesn't work

You may have to visit the dealer if you don't have access to some fittings to plumb a gauge in line of the cylinder and see what the pressure difference is at the cylinder when cold versus when it is warm/hot. If you do, I'd put a 2500psi gauge on it, just to be on the high side.

I found that on google the other day.

I don't care for the dealer but you are probably right.