Zero turn Cub Cadets

/ Zero turn Cub Cadets #1  

ceckard

Tractor
6680 2110 4020
I'm mowing 2 acres of ground, some rough , some lawn will it do the job. 54" 24 HP from Home Depot

/ Zero turn Cub Cadets #2  
Try to look at something with a longer wheelbase, the Cubs are choppy and uncomfortable on rough ground. Look at Bad Boy and Grasshopper. If you go with Cub, make sure you get a model with a Kohler if possible.

/ Zero turn Cub Cadets #3  
The only RZT series I would purchase is the 54" model. That one comes with the Hydrogear ZT-2800 transmissions. The lesser models come with the EZT transmissions, which have had lots of problems in the Cubs. However, you would probably be better served moving up to a Cub Z-Force series. In addition to the better transmissions, they have several other improvements that make it a better product, including a much better performing mower deck.

Z-force's are only sold by Cub dealers, btw.

Bad Boys and Grasshoppers are nice products too, but you will pay a lot more for them. If you can swing it, you may be happier in the long run with one of them. If not, then the Z-Force's are probably the best bang for buck out there.

/ Zero turn Cub Cadets #4  
I'm mowing 2 acres of ground, some rough , some lawn will it do the job. 54" 24 HP from Home Depot

Given this usage, I wouldn't go that route.

I owned a 2010 model year Cub Z-Force 44" with the fabricated steel deck. A nice machine, but they're meant for lots of level and smooth lawn. If you don't have 'lots, level and smooth', don't go Cub ZTR.

Joel

/ Zero turn Cub Cadets
Thanks for advice will look for other options .ceckard

/ Zero turn Cub Cadets #6  
I own an RZT 54 with a 24 hp Kawasaki engine. I really like it. It is pretty rough on the bumps though. A suspension seat would cure that though. I have over 60 hours on mine and the only problems I have had dealt with a rattling deck, which was cured by installing new washers on the deck bolts. For the price (<$4000), I think the RZT 54 is a great buy. The Bad Boy zero turns are definitely beefier though. I was impressed with their construction. However, you will pay for it...

/ Zero turn Cub Cadets #7  
Also, forgot to mention that the RZT 54 has a front, greasable suspension pivot point, which does help on uneven surfaces.