Changing a loaded rear tractor tire from rim

/ Changing a loaded rear tractor tire from rim #1  

johnk

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags
Here is another good link for those of you whom would like to get your loaded rear tractor tire off the rim and install a new one. Looks easy enough because there is no volume of the grunts, groans and sons of a b#$%^hes..Good graphical illustrations.......

Manually Changing A Rear Tractor Tire

/ Changing a loaded rear tractor tire from rim #2  
I've helped do this several times on fair sized ag tractors and only hand tools. We didn't even have that bead breaker gizmo, just tire irons and breaker bars. It is an enormous PITA. It took three grown men and was exhausting. I guess way out in the sticks it is cheaper than calling in a service truck, but there have were times when I had my doubts.

/ Changing a loaded rear tractor tire from rim #3  
The last time I had the tire truck come out to fix a tire on the 7710 it cost me around $400 or so and it took the guy all day as he was having trouble with his pump. So I had to pay for the new tube, service call and a full day of labor because the pump wouldn't work right. And the tire shop is only 10 miles away.

If it wasn't for the fact I didn't have the time to fix the tire myself I would rather have saved the $400 and did it myself since I already had the tractor blocked up so the fluid would drain out completely.

/ Changing a loaded rear tractor tire from rim #4  
The last time I had a rear tire on my TN fixed (16.9x30 w/ RimGuard), I picked it up with my 2120 and loaded it into my 2000# utility trailer and took it to a truck tire dealer. Picked it up with tube repaired and refilled for $40.

Andy

/ Changing a loaded rear tractor tire from rim #5  
Robert_in_NY said:
The last time I had the tire truck come out to fix a tire on the 7710 it cost me around $400 or so and it took the guy all day as he was having trouble with his pump. So I had to pay for the new tube, service call and a full day of labor because the pump wouldn't work right. And the tire shop is only 10 miles away.

If it wasn't for the fact I didn't have the time to fix the tire myself I would rather have saved the $400 and did it myself since I already had the tractor blocked up so the fluid would drain out completely.

Line 23 IRS Form 4835...:D

/ Changing a loaded rear tractor tire from rim #6  
I am not an accountant but I looked up the line you referenced and :confused:

/ Changing a loaded rear tractor tire from rim #7  
Robert_in_NY said:
I am not an accountant but I looked up the line you referenced and :confused:

Oops...I wanted...Line 27 on Schedule F...Maintenance and Repair Costs...

The 4835 was from an old return when the farm was rented out...