Someone shot out my back tire, again!

/ Someone shot out my back tire, again! #1  

dixiedrifter

Silver Member
Left the tractor in the field acroos the highway in front of the house for a few days.. it was parked maybe 75 yards from the house in plain sight.

This morning I got on it to work up some deer food plots. Well I got to running, and when I pulled over for a break I noticed that I was not the only taking a leak.

Two holes on either sidewall of the tire, almost directly across from each other were weeping methanol and tiny air bubbles. #$%!

This same thing happened about 2 years ago when I left my tractor sitting there for a few days... but the guy who I suspected of doing it is now in federal prison on gun crimes.

Had to have the co-op come out, pull both tires, fix them. In one tire the guy found a .22 slug in my rim... that costed a pretty good hunk of change.

Looks like I got hit again. I'm going to try to plug them since they are not leaking around the rim. If that don't work, I'm going to foam them so I don't have to worry about them again.

/ Someone shot out my back tire, again! #2  
Bummer! Sorry to hear that. It doesn't sound like something that would happen around here, much less happen twice! And if someone did start shooting at tractors someone would surely wonder what the noise was.

Dixiedrifter, would you please update the location info in your profile so I know where not to move. Sounds like you have some tough neighbors.

/ Someone shot out my back tire, again! #4  
Sure hope it is dumb kids pulling a prank and not someone who has it in for you. No telling where that might go. I would ask around to see if anybody else in the area is having similar trouble.

/ Someone shot out my back tire, again! #5  
Had the same thing happen to my farm truck (Chevy S10). A few weeks ago I noticed the right rear was flat. Just figured I'd cought a nail. Took the tire off and there was two holes, one on the outside sidewall, one on the inside (right across). Put patches on them and added an inner tube. The truck is only used around the farm, off road only, so I figured it would be OK. The next week, same tire was flat again. I figured I pinched the tube mounting the tire. Found a new pair of holes in the tire and tube. Some people. . . . . . .

/ Someone shot out my back tire, again! #6  
PaulChristenson said:
Not to belittle your property damage...but it could have been worse...:(
http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=7160117:(

I take it you will park your tractor closer to the house from now on...

I don't know if I'd want it closer to the house if it is a target. I'd park it quite aways off the road though.

/ Someone shot out my back tire, again! #7  
I would talk to every person around me. It is probably one of their children or possibly a genetic sport that just doesn't like your brand of machine.

/ Someone shot out my back tire, again! #8  
It is bad enough if they shoot your tire. If they really had it in for you they would shoot something more expensive...puzzling indeed.

/ Someone shot out my back tire, again! #9  
you call the cops?

/ Someone shot out my back tire, again! #10  
Police report...