Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 2320

Default Tire chains that don't work!

Well I'm thinking these chains are not going to benefit me much. Cleaning up the horse manure pile this morning things got pretty slippery. Hope they work better in the snow but have my doubts. I'm also not so sure the chains didn't made things worse.
    -img_0263_1-jpg
    Last edited by Gizmo2; 09-21-2008 at 03:25 PM.
    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, FEL Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife

Silver Member
    Tractor
    International 300 Utility, BX2200

Default Re: Tire chains that don't work!

You need chains that won't slip between the tire lugs.
    DUO-Grip tire chains for farm tractors

Tractor
    still shopping

Looks like they're filling up the void between the lugs-so I'd say they're making things worse too.

Gold Member

you need to tie the cross chains, with some more chain, so the don't fall between the lugs

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Gizmo2 - looks like you aligned the chains between the tire treads. they needs to be on top of the treads, not between. Yes it will give you a bumpy ride on hard surface but in manure or snow or soft soil, it will feel pretty smooth. If you really need better chains check the link the other guys posted or look into v bar chains. good luck.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830 03: RTV 900

I never could understand why anyone would buy a tractor for use on a farm that has industrial tires on it.
    M-5040 w/cab, 05 RTV 900, Where the maple sap flows

Tractor
    TYM T300 HST, Kubota B7610HST, XMark Lazer Z 60"

Try V-Bar style chains, they are much more aggressive.
    TYM 300HST KUBOTA 7610HST Exmark Lazer Z
    Just a worker bee helping the colony survive

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    Gizmo2 - looks like you aligned the chains between the tire treads. they needs to be on top of the treads, not between. Yes it will give you a bumpy ride on hard surface but in manure or snow or soft soil, it will feel pretty smooth. If you really need better chains check the link the other guys posted or look into v bar chains. good luck.

it doesn't matter how he aligns them, they will find thier way back between the lugs, just the nature of the beast. and v-bar won't help at all

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    BX23

Lay the chains out flat on the floor. Pair out the crosschains and weld the middle link of one crosschain to the middle link of the adjacent crosschain. This will not allow the crosschains to fall down in between the lugs of the tires.
    ron

I was better, but I got over it.

Life may change us, but we start and end with family.

Tractor
    JD 2320

Quote Originally Posted by 638 View Post
    Lay the chains out flat on the floor. Pair out the crosschains and weld the middle link of one crosschain to the middle link of the adjacent crosschain. This will not allow the crosschains to fall down in between the lugs of the tires.
    Now that's what I'm looking for. I knew some of the cross links would fall between the lugs but never in my wildest dreams thought they all would and be so prefect doing so. I posted the pictures as proof of what happens in the real world. Getting in soft manure makes racing slicks out of just about any tire, well maybe not the true RI tire. I go through this every year and I was hoping for the best with this setup on the new 2320. I Guess ya know my wife had a field day with this.
    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, FEL Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast