Tire chains that don't work!

/ Tire chains that don't work! #1  

Gizmo2

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2320
Well I'm thinking these chains are not going to benefit me much. Cleaning up the horse manure pile this morning things got pretty slippery. Hope they work better in the snow but have my doubts. I'm also not so sure the chains didn't made things worse.
IMG_0263_1.jpg

Last edited:
   / Tire chains that don't work! #3  
Looks like they're filling up the void between the lugs-so I'd say they're making things worse too.

/ Tire chains that don't work! #4  
you need to tie the cross chains, with some more chain, so the don't fall between the lugs

/ Tire chains that don't work! #5  
Gizmo2 - looks like you aligned the chains between the tire treads. they needs to be on top of the treads, not between. Yes it will give you a bumpy ride on hard surface but in manure or snow or soft soil, it will feel pretty smooth. If you really need better chains check the link the other guys posted or look into v bar chains. good luck.

/ Tire chains that don't work! #6  
I never could understand why anyone would buy a tractor for use on a farm that has industrial tires on it.

/ Tire chains that don't work! #7  
Try V-Bar style chains, they are much more aggressive.

/ Tire chains that don't work! #8  
Gizmo2 - looks like you aligned the chains between the tire treads. they needs to be on top of the treads, not between. Yes it will give you a bumpy ride on hard surface but in manure or snow or soft soil, it will feel pretty smooth. If you really need better chains check the link the other guys posted or look into v bar chains. good luck.

it doesn't matter how he aligns them, they will find thier way back between the lugs, just the nature of the beast. and v-bar won't help at all

/ Tire chains that don't work! #9  
Lay the chains out flat on the floor. Pair out the crosschains and weld the middle link of one crosschain to the middle link of the adjacent crosschain. This will not allow the crosschains to fall down in between the lugs of the tires.

/ Tire chains that don't work!
Lay the chains out flat on the floor. Pair out the crosschains and weld the middle link of one crosschain to the middle link of the adjacent crosschain. This will not allow the crosschains to fall down in between the lugs of the tires.
Now that's what I'm looking for. I knew some of the cross links would fall between the lugs but never in my wildest dreams thought they all would and be so prefect doing so. I posted the pictures as proof of what happens in the real world. Getting in soft manure makes racing slicks out of just about any tire, well maybe not the true RI tire. I go through this every year and I was hoping for the best with this setup on the new 2320. I Guess ya know my wife had a field day with this.:rolleyes: