Ether for mounting tire?

/ Ether for mounting tire? #11  
It use to be a whole lot easier when you could get either. The starting fluid you get today just isn't as explosive? If you light it and it is just burning inside the tire give the tread of the tire a hit with a sledge and that will usealy cause it to blow.

/ Ether for mounting tire? #12  
I especially like the technique of using the spray can and the lighter combo to ignite the tire. Really, that looked like the best method of the few that I watched...

/ Ether for mounting tire? #13  
My uncle and I did this 3 years ago when we replaced the rears on our IH 340, it worked like a charm.

Last edited:
   / Ether for mounting tire? #14  
It just make me wonder who first came up with this idea,,, and for that matter how to milk a cow. I guess those are the successes and the Darwin awards are the failures. Gotta go now my nephew just yelled "Hey watch this' LOL

/ Ether for mounting tire? #15  
Makes you wonder how any intricate process was figured out.

finding a bean.. roasing it.. grinding it.. pouring hot water over it.. then add milk and sugar... coffee...

Juan must be proud!

soundguy

/ Ether for mounting tire? #16  
Makes you wonder how any intricate process was figured out.

finding a bean.. roasing it.. grinding it.. pouring hot water over it.. then add milk and sugar... coffee...

Juan must be proud!

soundguy

Or simple things, like... eating a lobster...

/ Ether for mounting tire? #17  
Those things used to be fed to pigs...

soundguy

/ Ether for mounting tire? #18  
Good Evenin Richard,
I kind of like the inflateable strap around the tire better ! ;) I dont want to singe the remaining hairs on my head ! :)

Hey, if it works and your comfortable with it, go for it !

/ Ether for mounting tire? #19  
Done it more times than I care to remember - in the jeeping world it is the norm of mounting tires. The only time I felt like danger was when I left the valve in and it shoot out of the tire and drilled in the plywood side of the shop.

Sure beats the compressor and the rope method by miles of coolness.