Tire Help Needed

/ Tire Help Needed #1  

jtcweb

Tractor
Ford 2N, Ford 4000 and DR Field & Brush Mower
I'm looking at buying a tractor that currently has turf tires on it. This will do me fine for a while, but in the future I will need to do some grading and I don't think they will provide the traction I need. What does it cost to get other tires and is it something I can change myself or do I need to have someone do it, or will the rims even fit different tires. Also if someone can give me a run down on my tire choices, I've read on the net something about R1 and R4, but I don't really know what it means.

Thanks
Jerry

/ Tire Help Needed #2  
If you click on the Search function and type in the word "tires" you will find an awful lot of info on tires. Tires have been discussed alot and I think you will find the answer to any question, since it has probably been asked in the past. Welcome to TBN. This is the best advice I can give you. Good Luck. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Tire Help Needed #3  
I'll give you the very abridged version

R1 is an ag tire, generally the most agressive tread pattern. These are the tires you generally see on farm equipment.

R4 is a construction tire, slightly less agressive than the R1, these are the tires you generally see on construction equipment.

/ Tire Help Needed #4  
Another option to changing tires is adding chains. You will need to check to see if chains can be easily added, as clearence on some tractors won't allow chains.