Ford 1100 Front Tire Rims

/ Ford 1100 Front Tire Rims #1  

jrccih

Tractor
Shibaura SL 1703
This forum is a real Godsend for me! I am looking forward to contributing.

I have been spending a lot of time trying to find front rims for my Ford 1100. I have turf tires, and I am replacing those with AG tires. I need the rims for AG 5-12 R1 tires (which I have already purchased). They seem to be very scarce. I found ones that are right size, but they had 5-hole lugs. I need 6-hole. Does anyone have any leads on places that might carry these things? Thanks!
Joe

/ Ford 1100 Front Tire Rims #3  
Sorry I didn't see this earlier, or I would have suggested a wheel adapter made from a piece of plate. Drill both sets of bolt holes into it, and use one side for the hub and the other for the wheel. Might have to countersink the bolt heads.
Another way would be to weld the plate to the rim, and then drill all new holes. Think of it as build in wheel weights.
Just wondering, are the R-1 rims two piece like the turf rims?
David from jax

/ Ford 1100 Front Tire Rims
Hi David. Thanks anyway. That sounds like a very workable solution. The R1 rims are single piece, and have much less width to them to accomodate the smaller width of the tires. One thing for sure: the tractor steers much easier than with the turfs.
Joe

/ Ford 1100 Front Tire Rims #5  
Glad to see that you found what you needed. I bought a 3 pt hitch from them for my 1100 and found their communication was not that great but I got what I needed.

/ Ford 1100 Front Tire Rims #7  
I have a Ford 1210 with turf tires and I am going to replace them all with R1 tires. I have found some and I like the fact that the truf rims are wide so the new tires that I buy are going to look good wide, at least to me.....