Tire Time - Big Tex 12GP

/ Tire Time - Big Tex 12GP #1  

ddivinia

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75
I have a BigTex 12GP trailer that it is time for tires. It has 7.5 16 LT Carsilse on it now.

I really dont want to use junk Chinese tires on it. My buddy is saying go Kuhmo 954 load rating G. He loves his and his tire problems are gone now. They aren't much more than the Goodyear workhorse.

Goodyear $189
Kuhmo 954 $210

I figure I am putting $50K+ worth of equipment on the trailer, why not put some good tires on it.

Comments?

Thanks,
D..

/ Tire Time - Big Tex 12GP #2  
118_WebPhotoThreeQuarterLeft.jpg

per the kumho site specs thats a 32" tall tire.... Not what i would have guessed goes on your trailer... but hey if it fits why not.

/ Tire Time - Big Tex 12GP
118_WebPhotoThreeQuarterLeft.jpg

per the kumho site specs thats a 32" tall tire.... Not what i would have guessed goes on your trailer... but hey if it fits why not.

Well, I have 7.5 16LT on it. They show a 17.5 R 16

I guess I need to measure it.

Tire shop says they hate selling them because the customer never come back for repairs,e tc.

D.

/ Tire Time - Big Tex 12GP #4  
I would stay away from Goodyear and Carsisle Tires. They were good 7-8 years ago but now are junk. The Chinese and Kumho are twice the tire. I will admit I have no experience in that size but do install 10 or so sets of trailer tires on boats per year and pull 50 or so different trailers per year and I will tell you the Chinese tires are now my favorite. I can not keep Goodyear s or Carsisle together.

Chris

I would stay away from Goodyear and Carsisle Tires. They were good 7-8 years ago but now are junk. The Chinese and Kumho are twice the tire. I will admit I have no experience in that size but do install 10 or so sets of trailer tires on boats per year and pull 50 or so different trailers per year and I will tell you the Chinese tires are now my favorite. I can not keep Goodyear s or Carsisle together.

Chris

Carsisle on this trailer have been pretty good.

Chinese tires I have had issues with.

This Kuhmo seems like a really solid tire. Weights in at 53lb. Overall height seems the same. I might go for it.

/ Tire Time - Big Tex 12GP #6  
I have had some luck with the korean hancook tires. They make a 14 ply that will fit your trailer and it has given me very good service.
takes 105 psi and I think I paid about 160 per at the co-op. Has a capacity of 3330 lbs per tire.

I have had some luck with the korean hancook tires. They make a 14 ply that will fit your trailer and it has given me very good service.
takes 105 psi and I think I paid about 160 per at the co-op. Has a capacity of 3330 lbs per tire.

I just got a quote for $796 or 4 installed, etc.

I think I am down to Hancook vs. Kumho

D.

/ Tire Time - Big Tex 12GP #8  
Hankook makes a good tire. I have a set of 33" on my Titan 1/2 ton 4x4 right now and just put a 2 1/2" lift so I can get the 35" tires on it. They are MT03 and ride nice and very little noise.

I know how some of you feel about the Chinese tires but my experience in the tons of trailers I service and pull is they have caught and passed the big name American made tires. The Goodyear's and others have really slipped and will be in the same shape as GM in a year or two.

Chris

Attachments

• 0e_2.JPG
    0e_2.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 107
Hankook makes a good tire. I have a set of 33" on my Titan 1/2 ton 4x4 right now and just put a 2 1/2" lift so I can get the 35" tires on it. They are MT03 and ride nice and very little noise.

I know how some of you feel about the Chinese tires but my experience in the tons of trailers I service and pull is they have caught and passed the big name American made tires. The Goodyear's and others have really slipped and will be in the same shape as GM in a year or two.

Chris

Cool deal - I think I am going to go with the Hankook - the commercial place here says good things and they work on all kinds of heavy duty stuff.

What kind of tires are you running on your Diamond?

D.

/ Tire Time - Big Tex 12GP #10  
Actually do not fly a Diamond anymore. Now fly a Sabre 65 and it has Michelin's.

Chris