Tire Sealers... Do they work ??

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #21  
Gary, like I said, I bought the Amerseal in a TSC store, then later bought the Berryman's once because the TSC store didn't have the Amerseal on display. I didn't ask about it because I wanted to give the Berryman's a try, so I didn't know whether TSC quit handling Amerseal or not; however, I saw the Amerseal at TSC later, so just assumed that particular store was out of it that one time. So the fact is that I don't know whether they still stock it or not.

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #22  
I know they have a lot of things that isn't in their Blue Book. I guess I'll just have to force myself to go over there tomorrow and find out for myself. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Seriously, I think the Amerseal sounds like the on to have since it's water soluble. I'll post whether or not I find any.

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #23  
Gary, I just got back from town and stopped in at my local TSC. They had lots of Slime and Berryman's on display, but no Amerseal, so this time I asked the fellow at the service counter and he said TSC quit handling Amerseal (he also mentioned that he liked it better than the Slime and Berryman's they now have). However, I also read the label on the Berryman's and it says "completely water soluable."

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #24  
I, too, stopped at my local TSC and, while I didn't find any AmerSeal, I did look at another product there. It's called 'MasterSeal' and it's Tractor Supply's house brand. The container says it's made for Tractor Supply Company. This product is made by American Sealing Co. (AmerSeal?) and is water soluble as well. Could this be a mystery solved? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #25  
That's interesting, Gary. It does sound as if it might be Amerseal re-labelled, but my local TSC store didn't have that.

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #26  
I checked out the website for AmerSeal and found they even touted 'Private Labeling' as an option for large customers.

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #27  
Annoying as it is, I've found that different TSC stores have a large difference on what items they stock. I have 2 stores within 45 minutes of each other, and it is like two different tractor stores... very few common products.. very iritating at times.

Soundguy

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #28  
I agree; different stores stock different items at times, but isn't that true with other companies as well. Incidentally, I went in the newest TSC store in this area yesterday for the first time and they had the Slime and Berryman's, but none of the private label Amerseal. And I wanted one of those little tilt trailer/carts to pull behind a riding mower. A couple of weeks ago, I was in a WalMart north of us that had the metal carts for $99 and the plastic ones for $88 (but I was in the car instead of the pickup). Yesterday, the new TSC store (west of us) had the same metal carts for $99.99 and the WalMart next door to them had the metal carts for $88 and the plastic ones for $99.97. Wonder why one WalMart gets more for the plastic ones and one gets more for the metal ones./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Anyway, I bought the metal one from WalMart./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #29  
Bird,

I stopped in at TSC in Waco to get some Masterseal the other day, and the salesperson didn't know what I was talking about. He seemed fairly knowledgeable about the slime and berryman products, though.

I talked to an Amerseal representative on the phone and got some information about highway use of the product. Basically, don't exceed the recommended amount for highway use, or balance problems will occur. The required amount is much less than off-road tires and apparantly only seals the tread area, not the sidewalls.

One thing he did say was that Slime was corrosive, whereas Amerseal was not. Anyone else heard this? This would seem to be a concern in tubeless tire applications.

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #30  
Not sure about the corrosive issue, but the Bombardier stuff I just put in my ATV is ethylene-glycol based. So I had to be sure to wash spills away before my dogs licked it up. Awful looking stuff -- like split pea soup mixed with mustard!

Boy does it work! I had a flat caused by three large thorns. Put the stuff in there and even before I added air the leaks were sealed.

Pete