Tire Sealers... Do they work ??

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #41  
Gary,
we mow quit a bit each week and some of our larger properties have assault squads of mini multiflora bushes attacking our mower tires.

watching the fourwheelers every weekend running over some of the rougher unmowed fields around here, i went and asked what they are doing to prevent their tires form being punctured.

they showed me their tires and as i thought they had thorns in them. after a run they pull the thorns out and a greenish mess comes fom the inside of the tire called "SLIME", which closes holes up to 1/8 of an inch.

since we have adopted slime in all our tires we have very little problems.

good luck

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #42  
i bhed bout 5 acres of thorn apple and multiflora..needless to say my ft tires looked like porkey pines and hissed like a bull snake...removed ft rims n tires and had em pumped with "bubble gum"..kinda like pink stuff..was fine for a while..then starting to go flat again??no wonder..they left the tubes in...fix a flat is not for tubes as they stretch and work with the load..removed tires n rims again..brokem down painted the inside of the rims with POR 15..very nasty paint..converted to tubless stem and put 2 cans of slime in each tire..volla..end of problems..