Rear tire on 580 CK 14.9-24

/ Rear tire on 580 CK 14.9-24 #1  

bassgrinder

Tractor
Case 580CK
I have a Case 580 CK presently doing duty as the resident general purpose tractor on my 5 acre horse å*µentlemanç—´ farm lets say. It also happens to be the only tractor unless you want to count the lawn and garden variety. Anyways one day I went to use the tractor and found the rear tire flat. I went right to work dismounting and found that the tire had a 4 to 6 inch long cut in the side wall that caused the hole in the tube. Well needing the tractor back in service like yesterday I patched the tube and placed a heavy patch covering the gash in side the tire to protect the tube and stop it from pushing out the hole like a big old hernia. I was lucky enough to get the tube to exert enough pressure to hold the patch in place against the inside of the side wall, but after about 6 months of it holding up under light use the tire has developed a slow leak, and I don稚 really want to dismount the tire again just to accomplish the same extremely temporary band aid as I did last time, WEW, that was no picnic since the outside bead on this tire is so bad I barely got it back on the rim, sooo.. I really need another tire. The kicker is that right now being in the middle of renovating my farm house along with the rest of the farm related issues, a new tire, or even like new used (with a like new price) is not in the budget at all, of course I still however need the tractor, so I am more than willing to use a less than great tire for now to get by. The opposite side tire is not very good either, it is very worn and checked with a lot of weather rot and small cracks, but is still holding good. With any luck though, most of the real hard work for this tractor that has put the side walls at risk for damage is done. If the price you for not a not great but serviceable tire is not too high I am willing to take any risk there might be as far as how it might hold up, what I have now is basically done and most anything will likely be better than that. So anyone knows where there might be a 14.9-24 R1 that is not performing any useful function at the moment let me know how much off a adoption fee would required give it a new home where it would be loved and cared for.

Wayne

/ Rear tire on 580 CK 14.9-24 #2  
you might check the commercial tire dealers like goodyear and such who change semi tires and equipment tires , they change backhoe tires out on job sites

/ Rear tire on 580 CK 14.9-24 #3  
I have a Case 580 CK presently doing duty as the resident general purpose tractor on my 5 acre horse å*µentlemanç—´ farm lets say. It also happens to be the only tractor unless you want to count the lawn and garden variety. Anyways one day I went to use the tractor and found the rear tire flat. I went right to work dismounting and found that the tire had a 4 to 6 inch long cut in the side wall that caused the hole in the tube. Well needing the tractor back in service like yesterday I patched the tube and placed a heavy patch covering the gash in side the tire to protect the tube and stop it from pushing out the hole like a big old hernia. I was lucky enough to get the tube to exert enough pressure to hold the patch in place against the inside of the side wall, but after about 6 months of it holding up under light use the tire has developed a slow leak, and I don稚 really want to dismount the tire again just to accomplish the same extremely temporary band aid as I did last time, WEW, that was no picnic since the outside bead on this tire is so bad I barely got it back on the rim, sooo.. I really need another tire. The kicker is that right now being in the middle of renovating my farm house along with the rest of the farm related issues, a new tire, or even like new used (with a like new price) is not in the budget at all, of course I still however need the tractor, so I am more than willing to use a less than great tire for now to get by. The opposite side tire is not very good either, it is very worn and checked with a lot of weather rot and small cracks, but is still holding good. With any luck though, most of the real hard work for this tractor that has put the side walls at risk for damage is done. If the price you for not a not great but serviceable tire is not too high I am willing to take any risk there might be as far as how it might hold up, what I have now is basically done and most anything will likely be better than that. So anyone knows where there might be a 14.9-24 R1 that is not performing any useful function at the moment let me know how much off a adoption fee would required give it a new home where it would be loved and cared for.

Wayne

Post a want ad in your local Craigslist for a tire. You never know what might turn up.;)