Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tractor
    JD 4310

Default Re: Gouged My Tire !

That's merely a flesh wound. But it still hurts [img]/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif[/img]. Character, yeah, that's it [img]/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif[/img]! Sorry about your tire. Just give it a good boot and it'll work harder than ever.

Tractor
    New holland TC29-9x3 Woods 1012 FEL, Woods, 7500 Backhoe / Kubota L345DT 4WD, Kub FEL, Kub Backhoe

How does that jingle go? Oh Yeah!

<font color=blue>" I'm stuck on bandaids because bandaids are stuck on me."</font color=blue>

Gold Member
    Tractor
    l245dt

If you can find someone in your aera that does tire retreeding see if they can re vaulkinize(sp) your tire.

New camera works well; good pictures. And like you, I sure wouldn't like that on my new tractor, but I'd just go ahead running it as is.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

I would agree with Bird and the others. I thought at first you had a real gouge, but by the pics it seems to be mostly superficial (nevertheless, ugly too). Buy a new tire only if you can't stand to look at it anymore. Otherwise, I would run it and not worry about it holding up. Granted, I could be wrong. In that case, the worst thing that can happen is you have to buy a new one.
    I've run a lot worse for a long time.

Tractor
    2001 TN65, 1951 8N Ford

And I thought you had a problem! Look at the bright side, you can count this as your first dent. My first dents, not counting the ones my TN came with, are a cracked left side fan guard and scratches across the top of the hood from high brush.

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

After looking at your pictures, your damage is only superficial. You always hate it when you get the first booboo on a new machine but in this case the damage is only in the covering. It doesn’t appear to be to the tire body. A Tractor tires like this may just be 4 ply but they are constructed heavier for more sever work than car tires. It should be fine for several years to come.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    None -yet. Until then FunBuggy (EZ-Go) will have to do!

I guess we're just going to have to recognize that Jerry's TC30 is now a battle hardened vetertan. As such, it deserves official recogniton for it's unselfish sacrifice under the most extreme conditions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower

An HONOR bestowed upon my trusty TC30 [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

We both thank you [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota B-7500

Gary,

Will dents in my brush hog earn me a medal.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast