Tire Pressure With a FEL

/ Tire Pressure With a FEL #1  

jones2127

Tractor
Mahindra 4025
I have a Mahindra 4025 with FEL. The recommended front tire pressure is 20 psi in the field, but I don't think that is considering the FEL. At 20 psi and a full load of dirt in the bucket the tires look way under inflated. The tires max psi is 50lbs according to the sidewall. My question is this, how much can I safely increase the tire pressure to compensate for a full FEL?

/ Tire Pressure With a FEL #2  
My tractor OM gave a low and high number for the specific tires on the tractor. The OM for the loader says to use the high number plus 4psi. Just a suggestion because it works for me.

/ Tire Pressure With a FEL #3  
I keep mine at 35 or 40 all the time as my FEL is always on.

/ Tire Pressure With a FEL #4  
Definitely add pressure (35 PSI minimum and see how that works) when using the loader.
Low pressure and you can run those tires right off the rims. I almost did that when I first starting using my loader. Don't make my (near) mistake.

/ Tire Pressure With a FEL #5  
My JD 4500 has 10.00-16.5 R4s on the front. Manual specs 12 psi without loader and 16 with the 460 loader. (For reference in comparing, the 4500 is a 39hp compact tractor, bucket is 72".)

I am guessing you would add at least 4 psi for your loader, but am surprised your manual does not show anything about tire pressures with loader. (I have a manual on tractor and separate one for loader, base inflation info is in tractor manaual, the extra 4 psi is shown in loader manual.)

I would think you can safely run right up to max press shown on sidewalls.

/ Tire Pressure With a FEL #6  
My manual specifies PSI with and without FEL. I have seen tire damage from over filling and of course rolling one off by under filling. I find the smaller units to be less sensitive to this.

/ Tire Pressure With a FEL #7  
If I remember correctly, my Kubota L3940 states that I should run the front tires at their max psi as stated on the tire sidewalls when using the FEL. Since I use it a lot (I load lots of horse pucky on the farm) I always keep them at their max.
Again, this is just for the front R4's. :thumbsup:

/ Tire Pressure With a FEL #8  
I run mine at about 40 to 45 psi all the time as I also have my FEL on all the time.

/ Tire Pressure With a FEL #10  
I run my front tires at the maximum indicated on the sidewall with the FEL. Have done that for years with no failures.