how do you take the front tire off a scotts riding lawnmower?

/ how do you take the front tire off a scotts riding lawnmower? #1  

slind

Does anyone know how to take the front tire off a scotts riding lawnmower? 20hp, 46inch
Thanks

/ how do you take the front tire off a scotts riding lawnmower? #2  
most rider mowers I've owned had a plastic cap on them that you pried off, then there were either cotter pins, or more commonly e clips na dwashers that held them on.

soundguy

/ how do you take the front tire off a scotts riding lawnmower? #3  
Are you wanting to take the tire off of the wheel, or the wheel off of the axle?

/ how do you take the front tire off a scotts riding lawnmower? #4  
Soundguy is correct about the cap and cotter pin. Getting the wheel off is easy. Getting that tire off is a heck of a job. I changed one once on my Sears mower and it almost whooped me. You will need two tire irons and lots of dish soap to allow you to pry / slip it off the wheel. Due to the size of the rim keeping it down while you pry the tire off is very hard. :smiley_aafz: Getting it or a new one back on is just as difficult. I did it myself but another pair of hands sure would have been a help but then again with such little room to work with, it could make things more difficult.

Good Luck, you are gonna need it.

/ how do you take the front tire off a scotts riding lawnmower? #5  
Due to the size of the rim keeping it down while you pry the tire off is very hard. .

Having removed and fitted hundreds of tyres with just levers and a rubber mallet I can tell you the biggest point to remember is this.....
When removing and replacing tyres its ESSENTIAL to make sure the tyre bead is pushed into the deep central 'well' of the rim. This reduces most of the tension on the tyre and makes lever or mallet work much easier. You'll never get the tyre off if the bead is sitting up on the 'shoulder' of the rim. So break the bead and push the tyre bead 'into the well'! And check regularly to make sure it stays there.

When removing the tyre with levers, commence near the valve. When refitting the tyre with a mallet or levers you start at the furtherest point away from the valve. And again, make sure the bead is pushed down into the well as its refitted to the rim.

/ how do you take the front tire off a scotts riding lawnmower? #6  
heck.. I'd go back with a tub and cut half the trouble with bead sealing and porous tires ( seen plenty of porous chinese rubber.)

soundguy

/ how do you take the front tire off a scotts riding lawnmower? #7  
If your trying to remove tire from wheel and it won,t release use your FEL and a block of wood.I,v put bucket on edge with a chunk of wood to seperate the loader edge from the rubber so as not to damage the tire and have never had a problem:thumbsup:Dave

/ how do you take the front tire off a scotts riding lawnmower? #8  
I usually see just the opposite.. tires not want ing to stay seated in the bead.. vs not wanting to debead.. :) tractor tires.. now that's a different story.. ;)

soundguy

/ how do you take the front tire off a scotts riding lawnmower? #9  
If the problem is with a bearing on the axle, Lowe's will have a replacement tire/wheel assembly for $35. Just pull and replace (AND GREASE) as mentioned.