Nail in tire

/ Nail in tire #1  

crown

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-7500
What should I do to fix? Remove and slime, plug, or have someone patch from the inside. ( This is the left rear and they are not filled) Any suggestions.

/ Nail in tire #2  
Had the same problem yesterday, could not plug due to tube so removed wheel and had tire shop repair tube and a patch inside the tire. This wheel off a Kubota L3600 and 13.5X24 rim and the charge was 20 bucks worth it to me.
What did you end up doing? ken

/ Nail in tire #3  
Crown,

For nails/screws I would plug if no tube is involved. Also as Hazmat experienced recently make sure it's leaking before plugging!!

Carl

/ Nail in tire #4  
Crown,

Learn from my mistake <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=parts&Number=196604&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=> Flat tire 101 </A>

Also instructions <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=parts&Number=195377&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=> How to plug a tire </A>

I got the T handle kit from NAPA.

/ Nail in tire #5  
If tubeless plug AND THEN GET THE SLIME!. After plugging my third hole I got the slime from gemplers (pink stuff, not green and a lot cheaper than the little pints you by at most stores. Comes in gallon jugs or 5 gal pails). Cost me about $90 and I had enough to do all 4 tractor tires, all 4 garden tractor tires and all my wheel barrows. Haven't had so much as a slow leak since and it's been over a year. Well worth the cost.

/ Nail in tire #6  
Guys,

These nails are a bummer to say the least.

I have one area that a previous owner must have used for a trash pile since I have had two flat tractor tires and several flat truck tires from this one area.

I finally got one of those magnets on a stick and went around looking for nails and metal. The attached is what I found...a couple of pounds of nails, old bolts, and sharp metal pieces!

Fred

Attachments

• 47-198092-Bucketofnails.jpg
    47-198092-Bucketofnails.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 135
   / Nail in tire
I had to go out of town this week-end but I will go to NAPA and purchase the kit and give it a go on Saturday.
Thanks to all for the advice.