Tractor
    Kubota B-7500

Default Nail in tire

What should I do to fix? Remove and slime, plug, or have someone patch from the inside. ( This is the left rear and they are not filled) Any suggestions.

Tractor
    Kubota L-3600 GST/FEL

Default Re: Nail in tire

Had the same problem yesterday, could not plug due to tube so removed wheel and had tire shop repair tube and a patch inside the tire. This wheel off a Kubota L3600 and 13.5X24 rim and the charge was 20 bucks worth it to me.
    What did you end up doing? ken

Tractor
    01 Kubota B21TLB, 2010 Ferris 52" ZTR, Cub Cadet 1811, Gravely Super8

Crown,

For nails/screws I would plug if no tube is involved. Also as Hazmat experienced recently make sure it's leaking before plugging!!

Carl

Tractor
    Kubota B3030 loaded!

Crown,

Learn from my mistake <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&amp;Board=parts&amp;Number=196604 &amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp ;fpart=> Flat tire 101 </A>

Also instructions <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&amp;Board=parts&amp;Number=195377 &amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp ;fpart=> How to plug a tire </A>

I got the T handle kit from NAPA.

Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT w/FEL

If tubeless plug AND THEN GET THE SLIME!. After plugging my third hole I got the slime from gemplers (pink stuff, not green and a lot cheaper than the little pints you by at most stores. Comes in gallon jugs or 5 gal pails). Cost me about $90 and I had enough to do all 4 tractor tires, all 4 garden tractor tires and all my wheel barrows. Haven't had so much as a slow leak since and it's been over a year. Well worth the cost.

Tractor
    TN70D, 4wd, 16x16 trans

Guys,

These nails are a bummer to say the least.

I have one area that a previous owner must have used for a trash pile since I have had two flat tractor tires and several flat truck tires from this one area.

I finally got one of those magnets on a stick and went around looking for nails and metal. The attached is what I found...a couple of pounds of nails, old bolts, and sharp metal pieces!

Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Kubota B-7500

I had to go out of town this week-end but I will go to NAPA and purchase the kit and give it a go on Saturday.
    Thanks to all for the advice.