Tractor Tire Repair advice

/ Tractor Tire Repair advice #21  
Again,thinking like a contractor, I would be tempted to try concrete vertical joint filler .Any construction supply place would have it.It's tough,really tough like the tire's rubber.It adheres,too. Sonneborn is one brand that's really good.Just a thought. donohio :)^)

/ Tractor Tire Repair advice #22  
windshield urethane maybee? just for cosmetics..

/ Tractor Tire Repair advice #23  
An old farmer up the road from me who is now deceased used to fill gaps like this on his 8N by pouring contact cement on the wound and then spraying it with chassis undercoat. I looked at him when I first saw him doing this and made the mistake of asking him "does this work?". He then stated "Ya think I'd be doing this if it didn't". This was 25 years ago and I cannot ask him how the fix is holding up. Every thing in sight on his farm seemed to be patched like this including the barn. I guess he had alot of faith in contact cement.

/ Tractor Tire Repair advice #24  
it's still cosmetic. i know of no way to revulcanize old rubber...

/ Tractor Tire Repair advice #25  
to foam dont think so . I should have mention the boot goes in side of tire over the cut. the bolts go from the inside out. the round carriage head of bolt want damage tube and when your put washer and nut on out side of tire and tighten down take a hacksaw and cut bolts off at nut. install a tube grease good with hand soap and pump up. it will work. I live in south Georgia in the farming belt. the shops dont want to fix or repair just replace.

/ Tractor Tire Repair advice #26  
I wonder if one could even find a boot large enough to cover a 6"gash now days. Used to be, one could find them at the old country stores as just about all of them had services to fix a flat. NOW you rarely see a country store or even find an air or water stations at the city gas station and if you do it is for a fee. I would say that maybe half have windshield cleaning stations that are functional, meaning fresh cleaning solution, paper towels and squeegee /brush.
There must be vulcanizers around as there is all kinds of re-cap tires for sale. Likely they might not fool with fixing a tractor tire.

/ Tractor Tire Repair advice #27  
I wonder if one could even find a boot large enough to cover a 6"gash now days. Used to be, one could find them at the old country stores as just about all of them had services to fix a flat. NOW you rarely see a country store or even find an air or water stations at the city gas station and if you do it is for a fee. I would say that maybe half have windshield cleaning stations that are functional, meaning fresh cleaning solution, paper towels and squeegee /brush.
There must be vulcanizers around as there is all kinds of re-cap tires for sale. Likely they might not fool with fixing a tractor tire.
The ones that recap tractor-trailer tires will might them. Like Valley Tire in Belle Vernon, Pa., Syracuse, NY., Rochester, NY. They have quite a few outlets.

/ Tractor Tire Repair advice #28  
After ten or eleven years the OP should know how well the patch worked!:)

/ Tractor Tire Repair advice #29  
After ten or eleven years the OP should know how well the patch worked!:)
I noticed it was an old thread, dredged up, but there were recent post concerning tractor tire vulcanizing. I just hope the info I provided is useful for someone.

/ Tractor Tire Repair advice #30  
like I said the shops wants to sell you a tire not repair it. thats more money for them. repair items is a thing of the past just throw it away and buy a nother. that might work for some people but dont always work for everyone. I dont know where you can buy big boots in todays market. when I was fixing tires you could buy any size you wanted up to reliners which is a boot that will go in side of your tire all the way around ends meeting. I have tore down some pretty rough looking tires to patch and they would have reliners in them still rollng