Tire Pressures

/ Tire Pressures #11  
And plus all the above we need to sometimes adjust for the tire condition too. This one actually has air pressure above atmospheric and the trailer it was on was pulled to the auction.

I couldn't see the numbers and I couldn't hear the leak if it had one. And if I were told on TV some idiot would be beating on a 55 gallon drum in the background so I couldn't hear. Come on society, cut us old folks a little slack.:laughing:

I run 35 lbs in my 4:50-21 Model A tires ;-)

40 lbs if you have a Woody from 1929...

No kidding... I have a old model A with 16 inch rims and military tires... haven't put air in them since I hauled it home in 1991... why is it some tires, in this case with tubes, never loose air?

Have no fear if you have your car serviced in California... it is now law that tire pressure be checked and records kept for 3 years...

I think I will start a new Thread for anyone interested.

/ Tire Pressures #12  
I run 35 lbs in my 4:50-21 Model A tires ;-)

40 lbs if you have a Woody from 1929...

No kidding... I have a old model A with 16 inch rims and military tires... haven't put air in them since I hauled it home in 1991... why is it some tires, in this case with tubes, never loose air?

Have no fear if you have your car serviced in California... it is now law that tire pressure be checked and records kept for 3 years...

It hink it would start something new!!! It might also change the past as Firestone might not havehad a large lawsuit from people driving faster then the soft tires would allow on their Ford explorer!

You should check your tires to be sure that they have a full foot print on the ground. That is the the best way to check for proper pressure.

/ Tire Pressures
Have no fear if you have your car serviced in California... it is now law that tire pressure be checked and records kept for 3 years... I think I will start a new Thread for anyone interested.[/QUOTE said:
I yield my Thread to this...new subject...

/ Tire Pressures #14  

I yield my Thread to this...new subject...

I wonder if someone is trying to put the responsibility for low tire pressure related accidents on the service companies?

/ Tire Pressures #15  
I wonder if someone is trying to put the responsibility for low tire pressure related accidents on the service companies?

Liability is a real possibility... on the other hand, it is as if the consumer is viewed as too inept to even check tire pressure...

I always try to do right... these days, I'm sure there are laws I don't even know about...

The gist if the new law is curbing Green House Gas by improving fuel efficiency.

/ Tire Pressures #16  
Liability is a real possibility... on the other hand, it is as if the consumer is viewed as too inept to even check tire pressure...

I always try to do right... these days, I'm sure there are laws I don't even know about...

The gist if the new law is curbing Green House Gas by improving fuel efficiency.

That was kind of my thought....
The consumer (vehicle owner) being too lazy or inept to check their tire pressure and feeling accidents are not their fault because they had the vehicle serviced.

IMO, it is the driver's resposibility to ensure that the vehicle is road worthy. Here in Washington, the driver of a comercial vehicle is responsible for checking the condition of the vehicle before taking it on the roadway. If it has inoperable lights, bald tires, or an unsecure load, it is the driver who gets the ticket.

I feel that it is the same with a personal vehicle. The driver is, or should be, responsible to ensure that the vehicle is in a safe operating condition before getting in and driving the vehicle. How many drivers never check their tire pressure or lights/turn signals the entire time they own a vehicle? Many, I'm sure.

/ Tire Pressures #17  
My Grandfather always told me to take a look around the car before blindly getting in a driving off... out of habit, I do.

I confess I no longer check the oil with every fill-up... my daily driver goes 7500 miles per oil changed and is almost on the mark... manufacturer says 15000 miles between changes.

Generally, every Saturday each vehicle gets an under-hood and tire check... and always before any distance trips... like making a run from Oakland to Olympia ;-)

When I worked at the car lot... part of my job was to make sure each used car had a property inflated tire with the necessary tools to change a flat. Most of the spares were woefully under-inflated and often tools were missing... someone wasn't checking.

/ Tire Pressures #18  
My Grandfather always told me to take a look around the car before blindly getting in a driving off... out of habit, I do.

I confess I no longer check the oil with every fill-up... my daily driver goes 7500 miles per oil changed and is almost on the mark... manufacturer says 15000 miles between changes.

Generally, every Saturday each vehicle gets an under-hood and tire check... and always before any distance trips... like making a run from Oakland to Olympia ;-)

When I worked at the car lot... part of my job was to make sure each used car had a property inflated tire with the necessary tools to change a flat. Most of the spares were woefully under-inflated and often tools were missing... someone wasn't checking.

I check things less frequently on my every day driver and always do a full check before a trip, but I believe that you and I are exceptions any more. I wonder if they still teach that in driver's Ed?

/ Tire Pressures
No longer does' keep an eye on the tire 'mean anything.I had a christmas visitor come last week in a van My son see's that one tire looks soft. turns out it hade 11 lbs in it. all the others were low also..The driver just shrugged it off. oh??? I simply dont understand it.Maybe im over zealious in keeping them up because im the one mouting them all.
Some people still cant pump their own gass either.. but they pay more for it ....

/ Tire Pressures #20  
Just think in 3 years all cars will have to have a rear view camera. I would say two or three years after the Gov will say that each tire pressure will need to be displayed on the rear view camera screen.