Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tractor
    99 JD4200 4WD Collarshift

Default Re: tire slips on rim

That makes sense. But I looked and both tires were not moving. But I'm convinced I need to get two new tires for the front. Although the little bit I get out in the winter, it can wait till spring. (Grass has stopped growing and there's no snow in South Texas.)

The Fabulous Foothills of Northern California

Bgott, I think his problem was that the R1 (the tire) was stationary while the rim spun inside of it. I would think with all the traction the R1 affords that the R4 would spin much easier providing the transfer of power from axle to rim to tire was there. I think the R4 offered enough resistance that it forced an under inflated R1 to loose the frictional resistance with the rim thereby causing the rim to rotate within a stationary tire. I think anyway. Rat...

Tractor
    2001 TN65, 1951 8N Ford

You could always screw the rims to the tire beads. I really don't think that's a good idea, you might end up breaking something in the drive train. I don't see how you're getting that much traction in sand. How much weight do you have on the back of the tractor? You might need to add some weight and get the back tires to do what they're supposed to be doing. The front wheel assist is just that, it's not designed to do all the work.

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...mp;prmenbr=361

Tractor
    2001 TN65, 1951 8N Ford

Now he says neither tire is moving. I think he's just exceeding what the tractor is capable of doing or doesn't have near enough extra weigh on the rear.

Only one tire would have to slip on the rim. Unless he has a limited slip differential in the front. I am still curious as to whether it could be something in the front drive axle instead of the rim slipping. Everytime I have ever had a tire slip on the rim I have lost air.

Tractor
    1961 ford 971

For diagnostic purposes put a mark on your tire and rim in the same spot ( chalk,paint crayon,tape ? ) as long as they stay lined up everthing is cool if they don't go to plan " b"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12