DuoGrip chains for 15 x 19.5 tire?

/ DuoGrip chains for 15 x 19.5 tire? #1  

John_Mc

Elite Member
Tractor
NH TC33D Modified with belly pan, limb risers & FOPS. Honda Pioneer 520 & antique Coot UTV
I've been looking for a source of DuoGrip chains to fit a 15 x 19.5 tire (R4's on the rear of my TC33D). Tirechains.com's website said they do not have them for this size. Carver's website said they did (to fit Kubota L3000 w/R4's) but when I asked for a quote, it turns out they don't have them. They said they used to get them from TireChains.com, but don't use them as a supplier anymore. I called TireChains.com and they confirmed that they don't have DuoGrips for this size tire.

Any thoughts on where to look? I'm hoping to find something with better lateral traction than the "ladder-style" chains.

John Mc

/ DuoGrip chains for 15 x 19.5 tire? #2  
Hi,

I wonder if you could get the next larger size and shorten them somehow.

Tirechains.com did not have my size 2 link chains in stock and sent the next larger size, and it was not to hard to take out some links and make them work.

I know the chains you want are not the same animal, but perhaps you could call tirechains.com and ask whether shortening a larger chain of the type you want is feasible or not.

Just a thought...Bil in Pgh, PA

/ DuoGrip chains for 15 x 19.5 tire?
<font color=blue>I wonder if you could get the next larger size and shorten them somehow.</font color=blue>

Thanks for the idea, Bill. I'm not sure how well this would work with DuoGrip chains, since they've got a a more complicated pattern than the 2 or 4 link ladder-style chains. It's worth looking in to, though.

John Mc

/ DuoGrip chains for 15 x 19.5 tire? #4  
Looking for the same thing for the same tires...I want to be able to go out into the woods in winter and not worry about getting stuck! Also would be great if they had enough traction to pull out a log or two with them...
keep me posted....I checked out Canadian Chains in Skowhegan and I am waiiting for a call from them to get a price and discuss options.
George