Tire and Wheel Size, Bolt Pattern, Different Tractors

/ Tire and Wheel Size, Bolt Pattern, Different Tractors #1  

beaglegun

Tractor
John Deere 3038E
I bought a JD 3038E with R4 tires as listed below. I have since bought turf tires and wheels and I want to sale the R4's. I can't figure out which John Deere tractors the set I want to sale fits on so I can sale them. I know they will work on a few differant compact John Deeres. Anybody have a source of info? These tires and wheels are new and cost $1850. I just want $1000 but nobody knows what fits what.

The wheels are 6 lug. Front: 14X7 Rear: 19.5X12.25
Industrial Tires. Front: 25X8.50-14 4PR, R4 Rear: 15-19.5 4PR, R4
4 9/16" diameter center hole in front and rear wheels,
3" spacing from lug 1 to lug 2,
6" diameter spacing from lug 1 to lug 4
From a 2010 JD 3038E

TiresandWheelsFront.jpg

TiresandWheelsBack.jpg

/ Tire and Wheel Size, Bolt Pattern, Different Tractors #2  
As far as knowing what they fit I'm really not the one who could tell you this, although with my experience in measure bolt hole patterns, I've always measured from the center of one lug hole to the center of the lug hole directly across,
example: if it's 6 lug hole wheels, would be considered 6 lug on 6 1/2 center,
here is a quick chart to show how to measure wheel bolt patterns, you can see 5 lug wheels are measured differently,

If a potential buyer knows how to measure their wheels, then all you need to provide them with is the bolt hole size pattern and center hole size,

/ Tire and Wheel Size, Bolt Pattern, Different Tractors #3  
I would just list the sizes of the tires, bolt hole spacing (as measured in the above post by deepNdirt) and the center hole diameter. And mention that they came off a JD 3038.

If anyone is truley interested, they will take their own measurments. Because these tires may fit other brands and even much older models. It would be near impossible to list ALL the models they will potentially fit.

And it also liiks like the fronts have TWO sets of mounting holes. Are they different spacing??

/ Tire and Wheel Size, Bolt Pattern, Different Tractors
Bolt hole spacing is not the biggest problem. The big problem is the rolling circumference and the axle ratio for MFWD tractors. They were the right bolt pattern for 2 guys but wouldn't work because of his axle ratio. Another guy had a 790 and the tires were perfect but his center holes are a smaller size and the rear lugs were 6.5" Several guys never called back when I asked them these things.

I could sell them now if I had a list of the tractors they fit on.

/ Tire and Wheel Size, Bolt Pattern, Different Tractors #5  
Not a complete list, and I am not sure if the rims are the same (but I doubt JD would have changed the rim/bolt pattern)

But...according to tractordata, just a quick glance, the following models list the same tire sizes

790,3203,3032, and 4300

I know a 790 has a 6.5" lug spacing on the rear and the center hole on a 790 is smaller. Why would they make so many differant size combinations?

/ Tire and Wheel Size, Bolt Pattern, Different Tractors #7  
Not a complete list, and I am not sure if the rims are the same (but I doubt JD would have changed the rim/bolt pattern)

But...according to tractordata, just a quick glance, the following models list the same tire sizes

790,3203,3032, and 4300

If they fit the 4300, they'll fit the 4310, 4400 and 4410 too.
However, that doesn't mean the rims (bolt circle diameter, center hole diameter) are the same. A potential buyer will have to measure his current wheel BCD and center diameter.

Now I would think (but I don't know) that Deere would use the same rims across the board for a given frame size. If that's the case, I would think (but don't know) those rims would have the same part numbers.
Looks like some research on JD Parts would be in order...

/ Tire and Wheel Size, Bolt Pattern, Different Tractors #8  
If they fit the 4300, they'll fit the 4310, 4400 and 4410 too.
However, that doesn't mean the rims (bolt circle diameter, center hole diameter) are the same. A potential buyer will have to measure his current wheel BCD and center diameter.

Now I would think (but I don't know) that Deere would use the same rims across the board for a given frame size. If that's the case, I would think (but don't know) those rims would have the same part numbers.
Looks like some research on JD Parts would be in order...

good possibility. But tractordata didnt list the R4 sizes for those models. Only the ags??? But oddly it did list the R4 size for the 4300:confused2:

Bout ready to give up! Been cross referancing tractors all morning on JD's part web site and best I can tell is every single tractor wheel and tire combination is differant in some way or another. Why would they design tractors where you have to have so many differant part numbers?

/ Tire and Wheel Size, Bolt Pattern, Different Tractors #10  
beaglegun said:
Why would they design tractors where you have to have so many differant part numbers?

To make it harder for consumers to find used parts and force them to buy new stuff?

xtn