Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305

/ Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305 #1  

Mike in Ohio

Tractor
John Deer 2305
Been a while since I was last here...I guess that is a good thing since I usually only have to visit when I have a problem....so....

Have a 2010 JD 2305 with the 62" belly mower. This is my second year with it...and it seems as if something has gone wrong over the course of the winter.

When (and only when) I make a sharp right turn (with mower attached) do I get a rubbing on the inside of the left front tire (see photos). It turns out the tire is acutally hitting the spring loaded pin which secures the mower bracket to the front frame of the tractor. I am pretty darn certain I did not hit anything hard enough to bend anything, everything is still working properly, but I am slowly taking pieces of rubber out of my front tire on sharp right turns.

I contacted the dealer...they can only scratch their head. I thought about trying to relocate the roller pin inside this spring, but I think I will have issues removing it if I do that. Any ideas here other than not making sharp right turns with the tractor?

On another note...not really sure if this could be realted, but about a week after I noticed the tire rubbing, I found this bolt in my driveway. Have no idea where it came from...the tractor, my truck, the neighbors tractor...again, no idea.

Sent these photos to my dealer...and they have no ideas on either of these items.

Anybody have any ideas as to what may have gone wrong, or what to do about it or where this mystery bolt may have come from? Again, everything on the tractor is still working fine, so not sure how/why/where these things came from.

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_0128.jpg
    IMG_0128.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0129.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 225
   / Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305 #2  
Most tractors I've seen have stops for the steering that would be adjusted to keep the front wheels from turning to far and allowing them to hit the tractor sheet metal.

I'd check the other side or look in the owners manual and see what it may say.

/ Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305 #3  
I'm with Art. I'd check the right front for that missing stop bolt. I'm guessing above and slightly behind the axle.

-rus-

/ Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305 #4  
My 2305 mower mount came with a replacement for that bolt/pull-tab. The updated part sat lower and didn't rub. I wonder if your dealer couldn't help you out here?

/ Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305 #5  
My 2305 mower mount came with a replacement for that bolt/pull-tab. The updated part sat lower and didn't rub. I wonder if your dealer couldn't help you out here?

Wasn't there a thread a while back about JD replacing this pull-tab with the "L" shaped handle?

/ Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305 #6  
BTW, the stop used when turning to the right is typically on the right side of the axle.

/ Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305
Thanks for the feedback everyone....

I have given that front axle a good look over and see nothing resembling a threaded hole for that missing bolt. When I pick the tractor up (with the bucket) I turn the wheel fully left and right....it stops in both directions with the casting banging into the hub...on both sides. Again, don't see where any type of adjustment can ocurr.

Nothing in the manual about it, and my dealer knows nothing about it.

I am going to go back to the dealer and inquire about the "L" bracket for the mower and ask again about the bolt.

If any of you have a 2305, and see where the steering can be adjusted, PLEASE share a photo with me...I am ok with a hurt ego if it solves the problem for me.
Thanks
Mike

/ Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305 #8  
I'm having the same problem, I took it to the dealer and they replaced the pin. The tire is not rubbing now but to me this is not the proper resolution. The tire never rubbed in 100 hours so why is it rubbing now?

Did you resolve your issue?

Thanks

Shawn

/ Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305 #9  
Anyone have a part number for the replacement pin?

/ Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305 #10  
The dealer didn't give me the paper work for the warranty work so I'm not sure on the part number. I'll look on the pin and see if there is a number.