Remote tire pressure sensors from Northern Tool

/ Remote tire pressure sensors from Northern Tool #1  

Furu

Veteran Member
Tractor
Does anyone have experience with the Northern Tool remote tire sensors products?

Accutire Wireless RF Digital Tire Pressure Monitoring System For Trailer Towing and Vehicles, Model# MS-4368GB $129.99

or

Hopkins Towing Solutions TPMS Kit 4 Sensors, Model# 30100VA $299.99

Thinking about getting something like this for my equipment trailer.
Any ideas?

/ Remote tire pressure sensors from Northern Tool #2  
Never had one on a trailer but do on my 08 Titan and love it. Its factory and will tell you the pressure on each tire. Pretty neat feature.

Chris

/ Remote tire pressure sensors from Northern Tool #3  
I have this feature on my '07 Chevy Z71 and like a lot also.

/ Remote tire pressure sensors from Northern Tool #4  
TPMS - Tire pressure monitoring System. Federally required since around '06-'07 on all passenger vehicles. I doubt it applies to trailers, though nothing is stopping you from doing it. You can thank Firestone and the Ford Explorer for that rule...

/ Remote tire pressure sensors from Northern Tool #5  
While driving to Omaha last week on a detour I got a warning light to check tires, L/R 24# I was able to drive to next town and had it fixed. Otherwise I would have driven it until it was flat and ruined the tire, or at best would have to unlod the trunk and put on the spare in the rain.

/ Remote tire pressure sensors from Northern Tool #6  
I don't do a lot of long hauling with a trailer but if I did I think one of these tire monitoring systems would be well worth the money.

/ Remote tire pressure sensors from Northern Tool #7  
TPM on a triler would be nice...Just curious about the quality..Time will tell on that one.

My'11 GMC has actual tire pressure:D, the wife's Hummer just has warnings:mad:

/ Remote tire pressure sensors from Northern Tool #8  
A tire guy I know has one on his 14K dump trailer. He did it as a experiment to see how valve stems hold up. There is a difference in valve stems. Anyway, he said most tires he ran on the trailer would gain as much as 10 psi in just a few miles when loaded.

Chris

/ Remote tire pressure sensors from Northern Tool #9  
The tires will build pressure when they warm up.

/ Remote tire pressure sensors from Northern Tool #10  
Gotta know. How do these things work? RF sending unit the valve stem? can someone show a pic of the divice? Thx. Bob