Another tire loading question

/ Another tire loading question #1  

Bowhunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I had a local garage fill the rear tires of my Kubota with used antifreeze yesterday. I assumed he would fill to the 12:00 valve stem position, but later found out he filled them completely full. Is this going to cause a problem? Will it decrease the stability on side-hills?

Thanks.

/ Another tire loading question #2  
Not sure about the stability aspect, but they will ride rougher with no air to compress in them.

/ Another tire loading question #3  
My experience is bigger farm tractors, but it should be the same on compact tires:

Really, really bad for the tire. It _needs_ the air pocket to handle the shock loads of traction, bumps, etc. I would get 1/4 of that fluid out as soon as possible. You can check with your tire manufaturer, probably even on the web, but I'm sure they will say the same. You always want a 25% air pocket. Liquids expand with heat, if it warms up 40 degrees where you are, you could easily split a tire or rim -something has to give, & liquids don't compress. IMHO

I'm not a big fan of antifreeze, now you need to dispose of it safely. Really bad for the environment if you just dump it.

But be kind to your tires, and get some air in there.

--->Paul

/ Another tire loading question #4  
Like the other guys said, put those valve stems at the 12 o'clock position, put a jack under the axle, lift just enough to take some of the weight off the tire, pull the valve core, and get rid of whatever liquid runs out in that position, then put the valve core back in and air up the tire to the proper pressure.

/ Another tire loading question
Thanks for the help guys. You've reinforced my suspicions.

/ Another tire loading question #6  
Good idea Bird, only thing I have to add is this. With antifreeze, do not let it run out on the ground. Anamals love the taste, and it will kill them. Make sure you collect what comes out.