Tire chains and wheel spacers

/ Tire chains and wheel spacers #1  

L3700SU

Tractor
Kubota L3700SU
I recently ordered a pair of wheel spacers from The Tracks Company. I had them made to 3" and they came with all the hardware necessary for an easy installation. They looked to be well engineered and excellent quality. I believe they'll serve me well for years to come.
I was a little shy of trying to install the filled wheels myself but came up with a new use for my mechanics creeper. Although the tires are just a little heavier than me,:laughing: the creeper made remounting the tires a breeze with just one person.

I went from a 57" outside width and 1" of fender clearance to 63" with 4" clearance. This should make the tractor more stable on side hill mowing and when working with the FEL.

This now allows plenty of space for winter chains.

Speaking of chains, I purchased a pair a few years ago for my smaller B1700
They were 72" long and 23" across. The Tirechains.com company said my new chains for the L3700SU were the same width but I'd have to lengthen them some 28" to 100" long. I purchase the additional length side chains, tightener kit and installation tool and also the heavy duty chain repair tool.

The HD chain tool was a work saver and the entire job turned out great with one slight exception. I only had to lengthen the chains to 85" total to fit the 15 x 19.5 Tires .

When I had the rear work complete, I swap the front wheels side to side and this gave me an addition 3" width there with no interference problems.

Now I'm ready for snow. Speaking of which, it's snowing now. Bring it on!:D

Attachments

• Kubota Wheel Spacers 003.jpg
    Kubota Wheel Spacers 003.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 807
  • Kubota Wheel Spacers 011.jpg
    Kubota Wheel Spacers 011.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 854
  • Kubota Wheel Spacers 006.jpg
    Kubota Wheel Spacers 006.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 1,020
  • Kubota Wheel Spacers 008.jpg
    Kubota Wheel Spacers 008.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 573
  • Kubota Wheel Spacers 007.jpg
    Kubota Wheel Spacers 007.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 589
  • Kubota Wheel Spacers 012.jpg
    Kubota Wheel Spacers 012.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 647
  • Kubota Wheel Spacers 014.jpg
    Kubota Wheel Spacers 014.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 692
   / Tire chains and wheel spacers #2  
I recently ordered a pair of wheel spacers from The Tracks Company. I had them made to 3" and they came with all the hardware necessary for an easy installation. They looked to be well engineered and excellent quality. I believe they'll serve me well for years to come.
I was a little shy of trying to install the filled wheels myself but came up with a new use for my mechanics creeper. Although the tires are just a little heavier than me,:laughing: the creeper made remounting the tires a breeze with just one person.

I went from a 57" outside width and 1" of fender clearance to 63" with 4" clearance. This should make the tractor more stable on side hill mowing and when working with the FEL.

This now allows plenty of space for winter chains.

Speaking of chains, I purchased a pair a few years ago for my smaller B1700
They were 72" long and 23" across. The Tirechains.com company said my new chains for the L3700SU were the same width but I'd have to lengthen them some 28" to 100" long. I purchase the additional length side chains, tightener kit and installation tool and also the heavy duty chain repair tool.

The HD chain tool was a work saver and the entire job turned out great with one slight exception. I only had to lengthen the chains to 85" total to fit the 15 x 19.5 Tires .

When I had the rear work complete, I swap the front wheels side to side and this gave me an addition 3" width there with no interference problems.

Now I'm ready for snow. Speaking of which, it's snowing now. Bring it on!:D

Looks good, but couldn't you just flip the rears like the front.

I was able to gain enough chain clearance by flipping my R-4's on my JD.

We are getting snow too but I'm being lazy and trying to ignore it away. don't want to put chains on yet.

JB

/ Tire chains and wheel spacers #3  
Nice pics! I wish we were getting ready for spring rather than winter.

Your creeper is a lot sturdier than mine. :)

/ Tire chains and wheel spacers
Looks good, but couldn't you just flip the rears like the front.

I was able to gain enough chain clearance by flipping my R-4's on my JD.

We are getting snow too but I'm being lazy and trying to ignore it away. don't want to put chains on yet.

JB

No, flipping the rear tires on mine would have been worse. I don't think they would have fit period. Believe me, I wouldn't have gone to the expense of having spacers made had that been an option.

/ Tire chains and wheel spacers #5  
No, flipping the rear tires on mine would have been worse. I don't think they would have fit period. Believe me, I wouldn't have gone to the expense of having spacers made had that been an option.

How much were they?

/ Tire chains and wheel spacers #7  

When I first read this thread (earlier today), I noticed how deep the offset is on your wheels...yep, doubt if they would have gone back on the hub.
Spacers look great...good price too,BTW.

/ Tire chains and wheel spacers #8  
Nice setup. Have you had time to try them out. I'm looking for spacers for my NH2030.

Solo

/ Tire chains and wheel spacers
Nice setup. Have you had time to try them out. I'm looking for spacers for my NH2030.

Solo

Just got a chance this weekend digging a path to some fallen trees and used it as a skidder getting them to an easy place to saw up. They worked sweet.
I was a little more confident on the slopes and they held up to the torque of digging and then pulling the logs out of a swampy area.